Thread: Mares Leg

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Mares Leg

Oh my gosh after all these days I have finally gotten the 90 kills with the mares leg. Holy cow it is the greatest feeling ever to finally complete a gun, almost as good as getting a kill with the bow.

Radiation Absorbency World Champ AOD Member AOD_Wermp's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

I feel you, I don't even have double digit kills on it.

Sniping king AOD Member AOD_ShroudedPhenix's Avatar
    Rank
    Private
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

i havnt used it at all yet

Save the whales. Collect the whole set Odepane's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

my only experience with it has been during the gun challenges and AOD team play. Truly one of the worst weapons ever made. I think the 40x scope only illustrates the commitment by Dice to the "joke" they made.

Touch 'em. You know you want to. AOD Member AOD_CaptNumbNutz's Avatar
    Rank
    Private
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

I'm going for 500 mastery with it. The Mare's leg and the Shorty 12G are my last 2 guns. I currently have 200 kills with Mare's leg.

Some Tips:
    -Use it like a slow DMR, mid range only. Range is poor and damage dropoff severe.
    -Most of the scopes suck for it, however the M134 3.4x works really well since it actually has a crosshair and some elevation markers.
    -Only use it when you aren't facing your victim. It gets outshot by every other weapon except the bow (unless the bow headshots you). Time To kill is too slow.
    -You need 3 body shots or 2 shots if one of them is a headshot. Many times I do get the 3 body shots because people don't know wtf is going on and just stand there.
    -Pairing a laser sight with the 3.4x is helpful since the laser creates a bigger dot over the crosshair. This helps when you are going for body shots or shooting moving targets. Other times just leave off the laser.
    -The suppressor slows bullet velocity making it harder to hit moving targets, but is an interesting challenge and will troll your victims even more.
    -Muzzle brake attachment is pointless since you can't fire it fast enough to make a difference, it makes accuracy on follow up shots worse.

Best setup I've found...M134 scope, green laser (used sparingly), and flash hider. Camp yourself behind a box along the side of a known chokepoint or foot traffic area around 20-50 meters out. Pop guys as they run past or grab cover nearby.

It is best paired with a loadout that has your primary weapon a complete opposite like high ROF or low TTK weapons like certain Assault rifles/PDW's and a couple LMG's.

Can I have your Tots BLADE_OF_AlUR's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

How about a thousand?

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Vesper250's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I have a measly 15 kills with it, but I am determined to get that 40x scope, just to say I did. Thanks for the tips, NumbNutz. I'll definitely be using those.