Time is Monet. - Monty Burns Beanbb's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default 1.51 T5 HEAT rounds

Don't know who has played around with the new T5 HEAT rounds much, or who has been on the receiving end of them yet, but omg they are just brutal. I'm not sure I'm gonna load anything but these at the moment in the tanks that can. Maybe a couple of rounds of APCR or SABOOT rounds, maybe. I still need to test them against a couple of the top end tanks (IS4, M60), but T54s are just butter with HEAT loaded.

Nice and historical for the time period, but one-round kills have definitely gone up from what I've seen. Maybe be a bit too much for the game imo. I know WT's forte is supposed to be a bit more realism, but I'm not sure if this much of a shift is a good thing.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Tier 5 is different within the tank category by the advancement from Gaijin into late WWII and early Korean War vehicles and advanced Rounds.

Anyway..... HEAT Rounds (High Explosive Anti Tank) promoted by the Swiss inventor Henry Mohaupt demonstrated his invention (shaped charges) to british and French authorities however the Germans were the first to have documented use of the shape charges in 1940.

5 main functions shape the charge from the HEAT round.

1: Aerodynamic cover;
    2: Air-filled cavity;
    3: Conical liner;
    4: Detonator;
    5: Explosive;
    6: Piezo-electric trigger.

My tip to avoid them if that's your question is to well avoid the Tier V tanks by flanking and stay out of range or fight closer in battle to avoid the impact of the charge. Since velocity has little effect on the armor-piercing capability of the round, which is defined by explosive power, HEAT rounds were particularly useful in long-range combat where the slower terminal velocities were not an issue.

Keep in mind this is Gaijin and they will never get accurate data in game as well as this being Post war (WWll) and some of the information is much likely outdated today. Hope to have answered your statement or question on HEAT round usage and they are quite deadly no matter the size of the round or gun, its more by the angles impact of the charge so keep the sloped armor facing towards the opponent!!

Have fun!
    Last edited by NavyAv8r; 07-13-2015 at 12:27 AM.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Smackmaster's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Will be happy to try them. One thing to keep in mind is the cost and if you are poor like me that is a factor. I have tried the finned round for the russian medium. Still grinding for the T10

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Smackmaster's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I can say one thing the T-54 1951 is awesome with the new round ZBK-5.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shot 2015.07.14 16.17.23.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	333.1 KB 
ID:	17864