Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy Tetsuo's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Which gtx 970 SLI

Looking for another one to SLI together and wondering how they are. I currently own a Gigabyte g1 gaming gtx 970. I OC the crap out of my components. I currently run a Asus Z87 hero VI with a i5 4670k @ 4.6Ghz(cpu cooler H100I). And 16 gb of ram of corsair vengeance and PNY 8gb kit also running way then big enough power supply which is a EVGA G2 Super nova 750w. I am looking for a graphics card that I can OC well and heard the EVGA gtx 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ is real good at over clocking. Kinda disappointed in my Gigabyte g1 gaming gtx 970 when looking at others they are OC the EVGA cards a lot higher then I can on mine. Since I know that as long as same chip and Vram they can SLI and want to if can find a more powerful card to be the main.

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck Marrv's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I believe MSI GTX 970 gaming 4g is what people recommend (& pc gamer) but thats only what i hear

The Token Staff Sergeant Master Butters's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I believe I've heard that the 970's don't SLI well with each other unless it's the exact same model (not just chip, but model). I could have misread that, but I believe I've heard that.

Also, it won't matter what's the stronger card if you're going to SLI it with a weaker card. If you put a factory OC'd card in with a standard card, the OC'd card will just down clock itself to match the weaker card.

Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy Tetsuo's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Rainbow Dash View Post
    I believe I've heard that the 970's don't SLI well with each other unless it's the exact same model (not just chip, but model). I could have misread that, but I believe I've heard that.

Also, it won't matter what's the stronger card if you're going to SLI it with a weaker card. If you put a factory OC'd card in with a standard card, the OC'd card will just down clock itself to match the weaker card.
    Hmm had a feeling