Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Puddley94's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I upgraded and used it for several hours last night playing games. I have absolutely no issues.

Okay, who put a stop payment on my reality check? AOD Member AOD_Warlon's Avatar
    Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    Call of Duty
    Status
    Active

Standalone Installer/ Media Creation Link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

I had a problem upgrading to Windows 10. After upgrading and activating windows I selected the remove all personal files/apps option and it broke my boot loader. Infinite BSOD loop. BACKUP YOUR FILES.

You will NOT receive a Windows 10 CD key when upgrading!

You must upgrade from a 7,8,8.1 to 10 and then activate windows.

Only after activating windows 10 on an upgrade can you clean install.

More information here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/c...ained_no_more/

Cadet Warlon | Activision ID: Warlon Xbox Live: WarlonX

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Massa191's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Only had one problem when playing Ships. Some kind of driver install during gaming caused the vga to display black on the gaming monitor. Couldn't ctrl alt del out of it. Updated some manually, should be ok now.

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck AOD Member AOD_Suisfonia's Avatar
    Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    Skull and Bones
    Status
    Active

Just a general warning, Win 10 has a few other 'features' in it that some people may not like (I sure don't) they are talked about in this article: https://edri.org/microsofts-new-smal...l-data-abused/ thankfully you can disable most of them.

I'll be your father figure. We can go outside and you can catch these hands. AOD Member AOD_Atriarc's Avatar
    Rank
    Corporal
    Division
    PlanetSide
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Suisfonia View Post
    Just a general warning, Win 10 has a few other 'features' in it that some people may not like (I sure don't) they are talked about in this article: https://edri.org/microsofts-new-smal...l-data-abused/ thankfully you can disable most of them.
    I have found no evidence of this in the Service Agreement or Privacy Statement.

Can I have your Tots TheIrishLad123's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I'm using it right now and it's great.

I'll believe it when I see it jcool48's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Anyone else having problems with any overlays for TS3 working in game? I usually use overwolf and had zero issues before upgrading. Now it will not appear in Planetside 2. I have tried a few other overlays with no success.

"Oh great, here comes Captain Dipshit in a LAV" - Pyle986 Grady666's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_jcool48 View Post
    Anyone else having problems with any overlays for TS3 working in game? I usually use overwolf and had zero issues before upgrading. Now it will not appear in Planetside 2. I have tried a few other overlays with no success.
    Nope, not me. I dont use overwolf, it was buggy even in Win8.1, So I didnt even want to try it w/ Windows 10 :(

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! TwinTurbo95's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I upgraded on the day it came out. Not one single issue. Love it!

I'll believe it when I see it jcool48's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_jcool48 View Post
    So I finally got a response from Overwolf...and they provided me with the following Info:
    "Thanks for reaching out to us! We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with Overwolf.

We prepared a gamelist file that might fix the issue for you. If it does we will release the fix to all of our users.

To use the game list just follow these 3 simple steps:
    •Click the Windows “Start” button.
    •In the "Search" bar type "%localappdata%/Overwolf" without the quotation marks. Press enter.
    •Locate the GamesList.xml and replace the file with the attached file here

Rock On! and keep the planet safe!

P.S

Let us know if you are experiencing any other issues."

They provided me with the file to replace. The steps they gave didn't exactly work for me with Windows 10. What I had to do was search for overwolf in file explorer. I found what I needed under C:\Users\(my name)\AppData\Local ...once I replaced that file...it still didn't work until I restarted my computer. After that it worked great. So it looks like the fix works...but the steps are a bit different for Windows 10.

If you want that file...PM me your email address and I will forward it to you. Otherwise I imagine that Overwolf will do the update themselves soon.

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I AOD Member AOD_ReaverVI's Avatar
    Rank
    Private
    Division
    PlanetSide
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_warlon View Post
    Standalone Installer/ Media Creation Link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

I had a problem upgrading to Windows 10. After upgrading and activating windows I selected the remove all personal files/apps option and it broke my boot loader. Infinite BSOD loop. BACKUP YOUR FILES.

You will NOT receive a Windows 10 CD key when upgrading!

You must upgrade from a 7,8,8.1 to 10 and then activate windows.

Only after activating windows 10 on an upgrade can you clean install.

More information here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/c...ained_no_more/

After your UPGRADE you can use this info from Forbes to extract your key for Win10. I have not tried clean install or using the key yet but feel its always good to write down.

Ridiculously long link to Forbes article

LINK to ProduKey to get product key

They shall be Dark of heart and strong of body, untainted by doubt and unsullied by self aggrandisement.
    They will be bright stars in the firmament of battle.
    Angels of Death whose shining wings bring swift annihilation to the enemies of man.

I took an IQ test and the results were negative AOD Member AOD_Icarus's Avatar
    Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

I did on my laptop to test it out, still using windows 7 on the desktop until 10 is more stable.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Can anyone tell me how it works? I am abroad but have my keys, is it just a download and keys or am I going to have to have my computers that are in my warehouse pyshcially here ?

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I AOD Member AOD_ReaverVI's Avatar
    Rank
    Private
    Division
    PlanetSide
    Status
    Active

From what I have read, and please correct me if I am wrong, you have a year (until July 2016) to download Windows 10 for free.

What I saw is that a popup came up and required me to click through the download and upgrade process.

They shall be Dark of heart and strong of body, untainted by doubt and unsullied by self aggrandisement.
    They will be bright stars in the firmament of battle.
    Angels of Death whose shining wings bring swift annihilation to the enemies of man.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12