Knee High to a Worms Ass ELEMENTxII's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Geekout MY HOBBY Complete Nerd-dom

Ok so im a hardcore PC nerd, as in i make oldschool tech, smoke current tech.
    My old AMD Phenom 4.6 was OCC 5.8 and was registering to have reached speeds that the i5-i7 couldnt touch, until i fried it.
    My current BIOS doesnt allow for OCC, so i need to flash it. Any BIOS worth flashing to that would give me the capabilities i need?

I have a 15 year old PC running narra2 mobo, 4gb kingston hyper X, 22gb Ramdisk, 6tg Sata HDD stack, 750w Dragon PSU, Amd Athlon X2 64 2.2 3800-4600, nvidia gt620.

Now i have overclocked the gpu from 700 core clock to 900, the memory from 500 to 600.
    Soon i will be running SLI with a gt610 after i do the motherboard mod..... Essentially cutting the dividers out of the PCI slot, and using a PCI-E gpu in its slot.
    Then enable SLI in nvidia control panel.

Any tweaks worth mentioning, Please Post...

"Oh great, here comes Captain Dipshit in a LAV" - Pyle986 Grady666's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Your referring to your MB BIOS or your Graphics card BIOS? I would flash the most recent BIOS available from your boards manufacturer website; I know their are "generic" BIOS's you can flash to your board to enable Overclocking, but Ill look that up and post later-

What MB do you have? And Im assuming no, but does it have more than one BIOS chip?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

mind you its a HP mobo, it has the asus 80008b-nw chip which apparently registers this board as a GL8e But if i want drivers i have to get the HP Nagami drivers, because the asus ones dont do anything to this board.

The bios im referring to is my main bios. If i could access my gpu's bios, id probably have to know alittle something about Assembly, which i dont.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

its overclocked atm. Running 160F stable, clock speeds are as listed.......cpu core 250mhz 10x dual core... so 4.2ghz from 2.2ghz, mobo nbus 225 5x, sbus 225 5x, pcie 2500mhz, RAM tRAS 9,tRCS 5,tRP 4, at 373mhz 0.8x, 225mhz from 333mhz PC3200, GPU core 1600mhz, memory 600mhz,graphics 800 from 1600mhz, memory 500mhz, graphics 700mhz.

temps:
    hdd 1,2,3 91F
    Mobo 104F
    core 111F
    ambient 93F
    remote 153F
    cpu 93F
    gpu 90F

voltages:
    +5v:00v
    vcpu: 1.39V
    Vcc:3.38V
    +5v:5.10V
    +12v:11.98V
    vbal:0.0v
    +3.3v:3.37V

I have 7 fans. 1 intake 120mm, and 2 80mm exhaust, the interior fans are the other 4.
    Ive also custom made a OB Heatsink with fan, keeping the stable 160F remote. Before i added the heatsink it was 189F with no occ.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

after the long process of occ, this morning i got BSOD. Emminent System failure message, not a o7cx error.

Apparently my PC had climbed to 185F at some point during the night. So when i loaded Warframe up, it crashed 2 times, then my system BSOD.

Ill be switching back to my old Mobo, and looking into a AMD Sempron x8 s939.