Threaded View

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default AOD's first 24 Hour endurance race!

(our HPD Prototype car skin for this race, although technical issues caused only some people to see it. however we will be running it in future events as well!)

I'm proud to say AOD was well represented in the iRacing 24 hours of Spa endurance race!

After more than two weeks of practice leading up to the race, the green flag dropped August 1st, 2015 at 9:00 AM ET, the checkered flag fell exactly 24 hours later on August 2nd. Through the course of this exciting event, our group of drivers took turns driver swapping after 2 hour, 3 hour, and sometimes longer driving "stints" sharing the same car. We experienced seemingly all of the highs and lows that make endurance racing so special. It was our first effort and definitely a learning experience, one that left us with the desire to move forward and set our sights on the next endurance event in October. An impressive run for our experience level and something that gave us a lot of confidence moving forward.

Competing against 50+ teams, we had a strong qualifying effort and scored the 4th position, and after a series of unfortunate events knocked us out of contention for the win, we ended up finishing the entire distance in 5th, but not before leading a ton of laps and putting AOD in 1st position for a great majority of the beginning of the race (screenshot taken at time of leading: http://i.imgur.com/yY4g3K9.jpg )

Drivers and spotters:

Pfc_Zumble ( Qualified us 4th! )
    Pfc_YourHomieG
    LCpl_Venom
    Pvt_Jooldst
    Pfc_Oatz
    Cdt_Zafod ( Our team's excellent pro spotter )
    Cdt_Chimpyman ( Great supporter of the team and eye in the sky )

I want to thank each one of you for all of your efforts, whether it was gathering data during practice, running our strategy, spotting or driving. This was truly a teamwork driven event and one of the funnest I have been a part of!
    Last edited by Venom; 08-04-2015 at 01:26 AM.