Hey all.I speak a bit about My recipes/cooking/bbq'ing and get great feedback.Decided I'd throw a few up now/again for Ya'll to try. I understand sourcing of ingredients may vary, Country to Country.No worries,Perhaps we'll get a new recipe out of someone trying one of mine! Here's one to start with-

Jamaican Sunrise Chicken-

Ingredients
1 whole chicken/quartered-washed.
Chachere's Creole seasoning
Salt
Pepper Melange
Blue Mtn. Coffee/fine ground
Garlic powder

Start charcoal on bbq,use time waiting to prepare chicken.

Quarter and throughly wash chicken. Pullet's are great for this recipe,but any ol' Yardbird will do. Pat chicken quarters dry,then very lightly rub w/Olive oil. Combine-
1/4C Blue Mtn. Coffee
2T Salt
1T Pepper Melange
3-4T Chacheres creole seasoning.

lightly "Dust' the quarters with garlic powder. Place rest of dry ingredients in large mixing bowl. Place quarters in mixing bowl "2 at a time' and throughly coat.Repeat w/other 2 quarters.

Arrange coals in a low pyramid in the bbq/grill You're using. Set vents to direct heat up through grill. Place large quarter pieces closer to center,whilst the smaller quarters are on the "edge' or ring of the now hot coals. Time will vary due to chicken thickness,heat,etc. We're shooting for a internal temp of 160-165. *Yes,I know thats just barely within 'Safe' parameters for bacterial eradication. No worries at all.NEVER been ill due to MY cooking,lol. Flip the quarters after approx 10-15 min. Again,thicker-meatier pieces towards center. Another 12-15 min and flip one last time.All pieces go directly over the center. NO LID on bbq at any time.You want that heat HIGH. Yes,the bird will now be dropping grease on hot coals.PERFECT! You're lightly "Crisping' the skin/coating. LIGHTLY...Yes,the dry spices will make it just fine..

Allow bird to rest 8-10 minutes for juices to re-distribute as well as prep time for side dishes.

Summer Salad-
1C fresh raspberries
1/4C cucumbers
1t white sugar *I use aspartame for this,any sweetener will do*
2/3C balsamic vinegar
1/4C Olive oil "Virgin.No need for E,or EEVO here'
1T honey

Mix raspberries and sugar together in a bowl; set aside until mixture is juicy, about 10 minutes. Mash berries using a fork until liquefied. Pour berry mixture into a jar with a lid; add balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey, and salt. Cover jar with lid and shake until dressing is mixed well. Store in refrigerator.

1/2t salt
FYI-measurement table
T=Tablespoon
t=teaspoon
C=Cup

sorry,You'll hv to convert Standard to Metric.All measurements by volume,not weight.