Hybrid View

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Jayson201's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Help me squeeze in as much power as I can with 380 watts!

Built my brother in law a computer, and for his purposes it's perfect. But being this is the only computer I have while down here in virgina, It's lacking in some needed juice for me to play with my H1Z1 homies :C

Pentium G3258 (with a coolermaster seidon)
    4gb 1600mhz kvr, running at 1333mhz because i havent figured it out yet
    R7 250x gpu
    380 watt power supply,

and a random ASRock motherboard that i ordered really quick because I originally bought the wrong kind.

I am 100% unfamiliar with intel builds, being that my rig is AMD and I'm so used to having 750 watts of room to play with. I'm not sure how far I can overclock the processor before I start using too much power. Also not sure how to set the ram to it's normal speed OR how much room I have to play with the GPU. Probably not much.
    You guys probably know more than I. :)

"Oh great, here comes Captain Dipshit in a LAV" - Pyle986 Grady666's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Jayson201 View Post
    Built my brother in law a computer, and for his purposes it's perfect. But being this is the only computer I have while down here in virgina, It's lacking in some needed juice for me to play with my H1Z1 homies :C

Pentium G3258 (with a coolermaster seidon)
    4gb 1600mhz kvr, running at 1333mhz because i havent figured it out yet
    R7 250x gpu
    380 watt power supply,

and a random ASRock motherboard that i ordered really quick because I originally bought the wrong kind.

I am 100% unfamiliar with intel builds, being that my rig is AMD and I'm so used to having 750 watts of room to play with. I'm not sure how far I can overclock the processor before I start using too much power. Also not sure how to set the ram to it's normal speed OR how much room I have to play with the GPU. Probably not much.
    You guys probably know more than I. :)
    Depends, if its a stock OEM PSU, then I would leave it be, if its an 80+ Silver/Gold Rated PSU, then you would have some wiggle room- whats the make/model of the PSU?