I get enough exercise just pushing my luck Caash95's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Who has updated to windows 10

So i have to decide whether to update to Windows 10 or not has anyone updated? please let me know if its worth the time to wait for the download

If you can't find the enemy, they're behind you. Silkmonger's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I updated to W10 by accident on Friday. (I have Avast! for antivirus, and part of it looks for software updates. I clicked "Update All" on Friday, as I have done for nearly a year, only to find out that included my OS. I intended to put it back that day, but was distracted by work I had to do, and put it off. By the time work was over, I was ready to kill people, so I got into the game, only to find it seems to run even better on W10. (My brother had the opposite experience. He got W10 and updated a week earlier, and it shut down his gaming until he restored his Windows 7)

Gaming/Work/Surfing have all taken priority to putting W7 back, so far. Honestly, I don't see much difference, except I lost my IE favorites when it switched to Edge.

Time is Monet. - Monty Burns Beanbb's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I've heard it runs great and is a good move forward from Win 8. On the other hand I've decided to hold off updating for a bit for two reasons.

1. MS went to a forced update policy. If you're running PRO you can delay updates, but not say no. If you're running HOME, you get them unconditionally when they're released. It makes sense when you're trying to keep millions of pc's updated and/or safe, but they've had issues with bad updates jacking up pc's in major way, sometimes with no way to fix other than a rebuild. Initially this was with some Nvidia based pc's and with some KB updates putting pc's into a update/reboot cycle of death.

2. MS is now monitoring everything and shipping back tons of data to the MS servers including, if some reports are to be believed, credit card data, account data and signature data. Even when you turn these telemetry and convenience features off, Win10 is still sending data back to MS when it's told not to. MS hasn't said what exactly is being gathered or why Win10 still sends data when told not to, but you get the distinct impression they're going the "gather it all, sort it out later" kind of Google way. This has a lot of privacy watchdog groups going crazy. Multiple articles on this online from various respected sources, including Forbes, WSJ, and ArsTechnica. I think this one is sparking such a debate cause MS is saying so little on it even when provided proof. Is it by design? Is it the fact that the turn-off feature doesn't actually work due to busted code, and they're trying to stay silent about it with a major OS release? Something else?

Both issues have led me to hold off until more data comes out, even though I was pretty excited to upgrade initially.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! AOD Member AOD_Craigep17's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

i have had windows 10 but the whole settings for my resolutions would not work or look right,i like the resolution windows 8.1 gave so i downgraded just to make sure my games could run on it really, didn't want to have no games to play

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

W10 for War Thunder works great, but just like any new that comes out the version has some issues and bugs in it. Most I have noticed are with windows managment applicatoons not wanting to load correctly or stop responding.

I would say if you love windows 8.1 then keep it, but if you want some new go agead!

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! ToukoSan's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Still running good ole windows 7 here, don't see the need to change right now to be honest :)