If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Dzhoel's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Tiger Tank.

So, I just unlocked the first Tiger tank. Now, how do I play it? What's the best way to play it?

If you can't find the enemy, they're behind you. Silkmonger's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I'm not sure how to answer that. (and I drive tanks rather often!) Here is the advice I can offer;

1) Don't depend a lot on the armor. Shermans with 76mm guns can pen the front armor.
    2) The 88mm gun on the tiger is better at long range than other guns, so you can set an ambush from far away. That being typed, never try sniping from the same position for long. Some wiseass will always reward that idea with death.
    3) When you're picking which shell to load, the best one is the biggest one that will penetrate the target where you will be able to shoot. (true, I think, for any tank)
    4) When advancing, try, if possible, to be near other tigers without being bunched up.

Can I have your Tots ThreeSe7en's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Check out you tube... I looked at a bunch of different styles and made my own.. biggest thing is angling since its a box witha big gun

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck Marrv's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I would say dont try to angle too much as in WT the enemy can move around you too easily, so while your at the magical 30 degrees to your primary target, he is likely to have a guy either side of him who is at a not so magical degree and can pen you.

On that note always to to avoid being flanked, while it is a standard tactic it is so much more important in a tiger as a t34 can easily one shot you in the side as thats where you ammo is.

Another huge weak spot is the side of your turret (my favourite target) and remains a weak spot on the tiger 2. So knowing your surroundings, thus driving the tiger is what taught me the importance of always holding C to look and/or binoculars

Okay, who put a stop payment on my reality check? AndyinBrum's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

You dont need to take all your ammo, i find a half load is about the sweet spot for not running out and not having your ammo racks blow up every time a Russian looks at them funny.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Dzhoel's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Alright, thanks guys!

Can I have your Tots ThreeSe7en's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_AndyinBrum View Post
    You dont need to take all your ammo, i find a half load is about the sweet spot for not running out and not having your ammo racks blow up every time a Russian looks at them funny.
    I found that 35 is the magic number.. Thats deletes all but one of your upper storage racks so most side shots arent one shots but you still have to worry about killing your crew... Angling and distance from fight are your friends in the H1... Dont rush into a fight with it. THe 88 will one shot from across the map on most tanks, but if you see a Tiger 2, either find a decent cover point, maneuver to get a side shot on his turret, or run and pick a new target. Youll see a few once you start the H1 battle rating and even more when you hit the E. The E is seriously UP in BR 6-6.7 battles..

If you can't find the enemy, they're behind you. Silkmonger's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I keep checking this, on the lookout for more tips.

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck Marrv's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Do you play AB or RB/sim?