Hybrid View

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Which router?

I need a new router that can handle torrents and multiplayer games, and will be connected to my computer with cable. It also needs to cover a small area with wifi and handle two devices (my computer via cable and a laptop via wifi) simultaneously. Budget is 100€.

Current router Asus RT-N12+ often freezes during intensive internet use and gaming, and especially while downloading via torrent, and sometimes needs to be restarted.

According to speedtest.net, my connection is 12 Mbps download and 4 Mbps upload, my experience with torrents is that it downloads up to 5 Mbps.

What should i look for in a router?

"Oh great, here comes Captain Dipshit in a LAV" - Pyle986 Grady666's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_RedBag View Post
    I need a new router that can handle torrents and multiplayer games, and will be connected to my computer with cable. It also needs to cover a small area with wifi and handle two devices (my computer via cable and a laptop via wifi) simultaneously. Budget is 100€.

Current router Asus RT-N12+ often freezes during intensive internet use and gaming, and especially while downloading via torrent, and sometimes needs to be restarted.

According to speedtest.net, my connection is 12 Mbps download and 4 Mbps upload, my experience with torrents is that it downloads up to 5 Mbps.

What should i look for in a router?
    I own this router, I bought it about 5 months ago to replace my ISP Provided Cable/Modem combo; I have it paired with a Motorola SB6121 and its Exponentially better than any previous router+modem setups in the past: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-177-_-Product

* Supports up to 450Mbps on the 2.4GHz Frequency & 1350Mbps on the 5GHz Frequency