Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Tenex2's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default New computer build, is it balanced and compatible?

Hey :) I'm throwing a new pc together and don't know if it's solid build will ya help me look it through? :)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c549ed98d6c135a11e02dbea0566c095.png 
Views:	95 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	18732Click image for larger version. 

Name:	494721f6ee557451378f23ac5258183c.png 
Views:	92 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	18733

The price's are all in swedish crowns(SEK) but it's a rough total of $1090 USD

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

You'll be fine in War thunder as I get a rough of 200 fps + just with a 760

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Yeah, you're right xD It's a little bit overkill for War Thunder but I wanna play new titles aswell :) Like Crysis, Hitman, GTA, Witcher 3 and so on :)

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Carts60's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Looks good to me. If you can, I would suggest a bit more of a beefy PSU but I think you should be fine. The 970 is a great card.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I got some severe decision agony over this build(as i often get :P ) and now I've changed the build up a little. Now I'm certain the motherboard is solid and it's all bought from the same retailer :)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2aec462961346d97f04da7802ec1dfc2.png 
Views:	81 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	18740

*Edit: The sum is roughly $1150 USD

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Dzhoel's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Det ser riktigt grymt ut! Den där kommer inte behövas uppgraderas på ett bra tag! :D Hur lång tid kommer det ta att bygga den?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Dzhoel View Post
    Det ser riktigt grymt ut! Den där kommer inte behövas uppgraderas på ett bra tag! :D Hur lång tid kommer det ta att bygga den?
    Den blir awesome! Jag beställde grejjerna idag och får dem kanske på Onsdag-Fredag hoppas jag. När jag väl fått hem allt så sätter jag samman allt på en timme och hoppas att windowslicensen kommer fungera.. Annars må jag köpa det med :P

TRANSLATION: "It's gonna be awesome! I ordered it all today and will perhaps get it all in the end of the week. Once it's all home and secure I'll cross my fingers and hope for my windows licens to work.. or else I get to buy that aswell :P"

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Dzhoel's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Tenex2 View Post
    Den blir awesome! Jag beställde grejjerna idag och får dem kanske på Onsdag-Fredag hoppas jag. När jag väl fått hem allt så sätter jag samman allt på en timme och hoppas att windowslicensen kommer fungera.. Annars må jag köpa det med :P

TRANSLATION: "It's gonna be awesome! I ordered it all today and will perhaps get it all in the end of the week. Once it's all home and secure I'll cross my fingers and hope for my windows licens to work.. or else I get to buy that aswell :P"
    Najs :D

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck Marrv's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

When I saw "Is it balanced" I could not help but think of some poor sod balancing a rig on a window still wondering if it will stay there....

Assuming your OC'ing otherwise the is no point in getting the K series of intel chips, (& you should OC, its as easy as piss nowadays)

970's, generally the MSI one tends to be people's go to as it scored best in tests, but I believe the difference is not great between the redistributiors variances

The build is generally not too dis-similar to the build I was wanted a while ago (didnt get it, brought a dremel & MIG welder instead :D )

Also you have a normally HDD to supplement your SDD?

If you want 100% confidence, or as near as you can get without doing the leg work yourself (not too hard to do, just takes time) using a site like http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/ will allow you to pick the parts & it will only show compatible parts unless you select a check box otherwise. (did it for you - N.B. case is black not red, but colours dont make a difference, ignore price as its in UK, not issues found http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/GWM9mG)

Also noticed you dont have a CPU cooler on your list - you have one already or planning on using stock (make sure the chip isnt oem) - maybe it is in the bundle? If you do want to OC spend 23 quid (or equivalent) and get an after-market cooler (23 quid as that is the price of the go-to after-market cooler for i5-4690K's just cant remember what it is atm)

edit for typo

edit 2; Realised you have already ordered it, but thought would let you know that it should all work fine, but might want/need after-market cooler.
    Also boot times on SSD's are crazy (mine is 8s from power to windows login, another 2 after password to it is ready, with an 840 evo)

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Marrv View Post
    When I saw "Is it balanced" I could not help but think of some poor sod balancing a rig on a window still wondering if it will stay there....
    Haha :D I never thought it would be interpreted like that xD

Got it all today! :) Yeah! :) There was a discount for the 970 G1 model so I went with that one. Some say I should've gone with the R9 390 card but I think it's more reliable to go with Nvidia, but not too sure xD

Haha! a Dremel and a MIG are both very useful so I guess you don't regret it.. too much!

When the time of "should've went with a bigger ssd" comes I will pop in an HDD laying around ;)

Oh :) Didn't know Pcpartpicker matched it for ya. Will use that next time! and thanks for ensuring me :D

I will get a cooler later on when I feel like the need for speed, until then, a minor OC will do ^^

First time having an SSD, kinda exited! I'll build it all together tomorrow!!

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck Marrv's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

As a ATI fan boy for near a decade I can hands down say you should go for the 970, ATI's drivers are beyond a joke most of the time. I am still running drivers from a few years ago, they work better than anything they have released since.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Haha ;) That is true