Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Where to go from here

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/acer-asp...&skuId=2372026

I haven't upgraded it one bit but I would like to know what I could do to upgrade it. Any feedback is helpful.

Call in a favor. Call in every favor you can. It might add up to a chance Wingdude100's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

From what I could gather from the specs, a good place to go would be to get a motherboard with more room to actually expand from. It only has room for 2 sticks of RAM, and only one good video card. Then from there, get a video card, since integrated graphics aren't that powerful, and maybe from there get a better CPU. However, since I can't see any information about your power supply, make sure you don't need to get a new one first. Lastly, more RAM never hurt anyone, but it's not really necessary. It may sound like you're building your entire PC over again... Well, essentially, you are, I can see a lot of improvements that can be made, it's just a matter of your personal budget. PS - BestBuy sucks. That thing is overpriced to hell.

Foxtrot, Unicorn, Charlie, Kilo Neotoad's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

You should definitely be able to put a 256 GB SSD in there. I prefer The Samsung 840/850 Evo myself, theyre great quality and cheap if you find them on sale. I can't quite tell if your motherboard has a PCI slot for a dedicated graphics card. It may be worth consulting your manual or opening it up if you know what you're looking for. The new GPU and SSD should do the trick. If, however, you think the power supply might be insufficient for a big card, look at the 750 Ti or Radeon equivalennt for a low TDP card.

I took an IQ test and the results were negative zekebomb's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Why should I get a solid state drive over the standard hard drive I have? Besides the slightly faster load times I don't really see why. Also the PSU is a 300 watt unit, something I had to pull apart the system for. The system was a gift so I can't really argue with a free computer.