Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Interesting Recruitment tool

Ok, so if this isn't the right place to post then I'm sorry about that ;)

Anyways, I'm trying to help out the clan, and what seems to be needed is recruitment. I'm willing to help out on it here and there, but my schedule is really full and I don't know how effective I'll be. So I came up with another way to help out in this area.

I started developing a "recruitment tool" to help the officers (and anyone else doing recruiting) out. Right now it's a .exe file, but once it's done I can compile to HTML5 so it can be visited on the web. Here is what I have so far to give you guys an idea of what it is:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6T...ew?usp=sharing
    (as it's a .exe, your virus scanner may block it. You can run a check on it but I guarantee it's no virus)

The idea is that a recruiter can just send the prospect the file (or send them to the URL if HTML5) and they can then learn about the AoD, see why they should join, and have all the steps explained to then with a visual tutorial (that part isn't build yet).

If you have any suggestions to make it better (more experienced recruiters, feel free to chime in) or think it's a waste of time, then please let me know.

-Rich

Call in a favor. Call in every favor you can. It might add up to a chance AOD Member AOD_Wingdude100's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    PlayerUnknown
    Status
    Active

Ehhh, I don't really see the point. The recruitment process we want is to NOT be artificial, this makes it seem like we don't want to spend time with our members. Thanks for the help, but we really don't need it, as each recruiter has their own way of doing things and the point of the recruitment process is to learn if the member we are recruiting will fit into the clan well. As for if the stuff they might want to know, we can answer most of the questions they have off the top of our heads.

P.S - Should be in dojo.

Pez. Derping where no man has derped before... AOD Member AOD_ukpezzzz's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Warframe
    Status
    Active

Its a cool concept but part of recruitment is the interaction between the recruiter and the recruit. This lets us get to know then and see if they will be compatible with AOD. Also most of the things they need to do has to be checked real time before we give them permissions.
    I think the idea is similar to what some of our recruiters do now where they send the links N stuff to them with the team speak info.

Credit still do however. Thanks for spending the time on this and trying to help us out. Greatly appreciated.

Update: I have an idea. This program is awesome! I don't do the 'recruitment letter' because its not my style. But maybe if you get into contact with somebody who does, you can talk to them about what can go into the program. It seems the final button doesn't work. But if you get that working and change all the information to fit in with the letter, we could send this along side/in place of the letter its self.

If I was a new recruit and I got that program my first thought would be: 'wow, this clan means business! This is coooool!'
    Last edited by AOD_ukpezzzz; 09-10-2015 at 07:30 AM.
    Why Are Argon Crystals called Argon Crystals? Because the next day they are gone.

Don't piss me off! I'm running out of places to hide the bodies AOD Member AOD_Ossym's Avatar
    Rank
    Recruit
    Division
    Warframe
    Status
    Active

I appreciate the help, it's definitely forward thinking, but not in the right direction. The recruitment process is as much of a interview as it is the process to get the person into the clan. I wouldn't want to make people download anything just to join us, as much as you say it's not a virus, there are not many people that feel comfortable in installing such things onto their computers, this includes myself.
    We do appreciate the effort and thought gone into this, but I'm going to respectfully decline.
    I like the ideas though, so keep them coming, we will accept the ones we can use, and reject the ones we can't.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Thanks for the feedback. AOD_ukpezzzz, that's my basic idea. It's not to necessarily boil down all of recruitment to an "automated" system, but just something to "shock and awe" a potential recruit and help out with the process. I remember when AOD_Wingdude100 (who recruited me) sent me to the site. The video that's on the front page did impress me so I wanted to make something like that for the recruiters, but interactive.

Anyways, the last button doesn't work as I wanted to see if this type of thing would be useful before investing more time into it. I'll get on TS later on and see if anyone is interested in using this type of thing (or of course someone could reply here or send me a PM).

AOD_Ossym, I get your point. I would make it HTML5 for the final product, but again, if this isn't something that would be used then I'll just scrap it.
    Last edited by r1ck14; 09-10-2015 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Additional info

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I Trace's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Rich,

Thanks for taking the time, effort and energy in figuring out how to help AOD. Even if we don't use this, it's great to see you contribute! Keep up the good work!

Don't piss me off! I'm running out of places to hide the bodies AOD Member AOD_Ossym's Avatar
    Rank
    Recruit
    Division
    Warframe
    Status
    Active

This may need to explained in a little more detail to me in teamspeak. If it could be made into something that doesn't need to be downloaded and makes the recruitment process better, I'm willing to listen.
    I didnt (and am not going to) downloand this as I am unwilling to download anything on to my computer, and I'm sure many others are aswell.
    So if it can be presented to me in a way that makes me feel all warm and cozy on the inside, I might be willing to reconsider :)

Pez. Derping where no man has derped before... AOD Member AOD_ukpezzzz's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Warframe
    Status
    Active

Is it possible to change it into a flash? Then place it onto a website that can host embedded flash stuff and send a link instead.
    Why Are Argon Crystals called Argon Crystals? Because the next day they are gone.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

My idea was to export it to HTML5 as then it would run in a browser window (just like flash, except compatible with any browser) and would just be a link that you gave to someone. But that takes a little more work than a .exe so until I knew it was something that would be useful I wasn't going to go through the extra work.

Just to demonstrate the idea in a bit more detail, here's some screens:

Title screen (background images pan and change every few seconds)

Menu screen (person clicks the buttons to get information)

Here is a screen giving information about AoD

Once they click the button for how to join, I was thinking that they could get instructions that the recruiter would go over with them, or be directed to where to get in communication with a specific recruiter (it could be customized for anyone who wants that). Essentially, I would want to get with the guys already doing successful recruiting and see what they would need/want in that section as they know their business. The text and stuff can all be changed as this is really just a concept idea.

Anyways, I'm still totally willing to make and adjust this is you guys decide to give it a try.

-Rich

Rank
    Recruit
    Division
    Warframe
    Status
    Active

This looks pretty cool, I'll talk to the officers in our next meeting and get an idea of what would be needed, if it would be useful, and how it could be used.
    Good stuff, man! Thanks for the effort so far on this. I'll talk to you more in teamspeak once I've talked to the officers

Licking people's eyeballs whilst they sleep since '81 AOD Member AOD_CortexKiller's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Warframe
    Status
    Active

Essentially make it into the recruitment drive from Starship Troopers:

WANT TO KNOW MORE?

Potentially smashing stuffs there buddy