Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! nonfic's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Battle Rating Changes in the Latest Patch

As some of you may noticed, there was a patch changing the battle ratings of mostly planes and some tanks. The patch was mostly to decrease the battle ratings rather than increasing, so you may see some different planes/tanks coming to your matches from the pre-patch up-tiers.

You can check out the official forums to see the changes yourself, check out some videos and/or read the summary which I will mostly write myself. However, I still strongly suggest to see the official forum post even if you read my summary to check the spreadsheet.

This is the link to the Official War Thunder Forum Page on this topic.

This is a link to the Youtube video of a player (long5hot) analyzing the patch. [FOR ARCADE BATTLE, PLANES]

This is a link to the Youtube video of a player (MagzTV) analyzing the patch. [FOR REALISTIC BATTLE, PLANES] [NSFW BECAUSE LANGUAGE]

If you decided to read my summary, first of all, thank you. Secondly, I'm not experienced in higher tiers so I'm just trying to point some big changes rather than posting the change log or analyzing every point of it. Sorry if I missed a big point or made a huge deal out of a necessary fix.

Here is my quick summary of this patch:

Aircraft

Arcade:
    1. A lot of the premium plane Battle Ratings (BR) are decreased while some non-premiums not getting a change, maybe this is the Gaijin way of saying "BUY MORE PREMIUM PLANES!".
    2. Bi-planes will have chance of seeing the P-40E1(USA and USSR), Ki-61-Ib(USA) and Ki-44-I, because their BRs are dropped to 2.0 which is in bi-plane range.
    3. Sea Hurricane Mk.IC had an increase to its BR from 3.7 to 4.0, poor thing...
    4. American P-51s w/ MGs are now all the way down in 4.0, except the P-51D-30 which is in 4.7.
    5. British 5.3 planes (Spitfire F Mk.XIVc, Mosquito FB Mk VI and Lancaster B MK I/III) got a one step decrease and now sit in 5.0, this gets them out of the 6.3 matches to 6.0 if up-tiered.
    6. Almost all of the jet BRs changed. This also means that top-tier prop planes will see a lot of jets from now on. Here is a list:

• 6.3 to 6.0 - Kitsuka
      • 7.0 to 6.7 - F-80C Shooting Star
      • 7.7 to 7.0 - F-86F-25 Sabre, Me 262 C-1a, B-57A
      • 8.0 to 7.3 - Me 262 C-2b
      • 8.0 to 7.7 - Me 163 B, Meteor F. Mk.4 G.41F, Venom FB.4, Canberra B (i) Mk. VI
      • 8.3 to 7.7 - MiG-15, Meteor F. Mk.4 G.41G
      • 8.3 to 8.0 - CL-13A Sabre Mk.5
      • 8.7 to 8.0 - Meteor F. Mk.8, MiG-15bis (Germany)
      • 9.0 to 8.3 - MiG-15bis, F-86F-2 Sabre

Realistic:
    1. Ki-61-Ib (USA) is now 3.0, being 2.7 before. This is the only increase to BRs in RB whatsoever.
    2. Both Typhoon 1b and 1b/L are now in 4.0, dropping them by one step and putting them in 3.0 to 5.0 range. Seal clubbers if low-tiered?
    3. Almost quarter of the total planes got decreased in BRs, shifting some planes into new BR ranges. I suggest you to check out the official forums spreadsheet because I can't cover them all here, sorry.
    4. Jet changes again, here is a list:

• 7.0 to 6.7 - F-80C Shooting Star
      • 7.3 to 7.0 - F2H-2
      • 8.0 to 7.7 - Me 163 B, Venom FB.4, Canberra B (i) Mk. VI, MiG-15
      • 8.3 to 7.7 - Meteor F. Mk.4 G.41G, F-86A-5 Sabre, F9F-5, F9F-2, F-86F-30 (Japan)
      • 8.3 to 8.0 - F-86F-25 Sabre
      • 8.7 to 8.0 - Meteor F. Mk.8, MiG-15bis, MiG-15bis (Germany)
      • 9.0 to 8.3 - F-86F-2 Sabre, CL-13A Sabre Mk.5

Simulator:
    1. More BR increases than RB and all of them are just one step up.
    2. Typhoon 1b got a decrease in its BR from 5.0 to 4.0, making it even with the Typhoon 1b/L's new BR, from 4.3 to 4.0.
    3. Again, a lot of minor BR changes, most of them being just one step decrease. I suggest you to check out the official forums spreadsheet because I can't cover them all here, sorry.
    4. Jets! Again! You might see a pattern showing up, you can almost say that this patch was intended for jet players. Here is a list:

• 7.7 to 7.3 - F2H-2
      • 8.0 to 7.3 - Meteor F. Mk.4 G.41G
      • 8.3 to 7.7 - F-86A-5 Sabre, MiG-15, Meteor F. Mk.8, F-86F-30 (Japan)
      • 8.7 to 8.0 - F9F-5, F9F-2, MiG-15bis, MiG-15bis (Germany), F-86F-25 Sabre
      • 9.0 to 8.3 - F-86F-2 Sabre, CL-13A Sabre Mk.5

Tanks

Decided not to separate the tanks info to AB RB and SB because mostly BRs are same in all three game modes. However, there are some exceptions.

1. Battle ratings for T-34 1941 / 1942 and Premium 1st Gv. T. Br. versions are increased to 3.7 while T-34 1940 staying same in 3.3. This means that you will still see T-34s in 2.3 matches if up-tiered, however they will be significantly lesser in numbers compared to pre-update.
    2. Jagdtiger is down from 8.0 to 7.0 in Simulator. Expect to see them in 6.0 BR matches if up-tiered.
    3. Pz.Kpfw. Maus is down from 8.0 to 7.7, this means you will see them in 6.7 BR matches if up-tiered.
    4. Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf. G is all the way down from 4.7 to 3.7 in Realistic and Simulator Battles, meaning they will face 2.7 targets if low-tiered. Seal clubber maybe?
    5. Following the Ausf. G model, Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf. J is down from 4.7 to 4.0 in Realistic and Simulator Battles as well.
    6. Again, going same with all, most of the tanks got decreased in BRs. I suggest you to check out the official forums spreadsheet because I can't cover them all here, sorry.

Additional changes:
    • Heavy tank IS-2 "Revenge" receives an additional shell type: BR-471D
    • Heavy tank IS-2 mod. 1944 receives an additional shell type: BR-471D
    • SPG Su-122P receives an additional shell type: BR-471D

I hope this was useful for you, be sure to point out if I missed anything.
    Last edited by nonfic; 09-24-2015 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Change of the title & minor fixes

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck Marrv's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

As of this patch hitting I have not logged in nor updated WT. I am away this weekend & MAY look at it once I get back.

I am primarily a tanker in RB but putting tiger 2's against t10-m's?!?! (6.7 up tiered to 7.7 (new max for GF)
    That new shell - WTF?!?

Just.... no words can describe this f-d up mess

Okay, who put a stop payment on my reality check? AndyinBrum's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

on the positive front Enduring confrontation is back up and although the rewards system is still messed up, i find it a lot of fun

Time is Monet. - Monty Burns Beanbb's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Lowered BR's except for the lower-tiered T34's. The lowering of the tiers, especially for the Germans, is basically introducing more powerful German guns at lower level matches, although the reason for the lowering is the horrible armor on the PzIV's at their current BR, they just cannot hang at 4.7. While I can see lowering the Germans and raising the Russians, it basically makes the US unplayable at anything except the lower tiers. Sure the PzIV's have crap armor, but a 75 L/48 at 3.7 is just gonna eat everything up, especially at range. And yes the T-34's at T2 was seal clubbing city, but still, now at 3.7 they are gonna see issues when up-tiered, which they will be, which is the point, but still.

And the Maus is now 7.7? which mean 6.7's will see it, KT's and IS2's, really? All because the turret cheek armor is garbage and can't hang with HEAT-FS and 122mm AP rounds of Korean era tanks.

It's obvious that Gaijin still can't get balance right imo. And they just keep adding more modern tanks and ammo to negate everything armor can do as a balance and exacerbating the situation. They just don't seem to know what they're doing at this point. And they're basically killing the US tree.

I'm really starting to get to an endpoint with Gaijin here. Yes the game can be fun, but the frustration level in tanks due to imbalance and bad implementation choices is just starting to outweigh it.

Keep honking. I'm reloading TheRealDon's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I looked all the top tier tanks got dropped to 7.7 br, which means IS-4's, Leopard 1's and M-60's will be seeing the lower opponents. Not sure why they would do that unless they have plans in the long run to keep introducing later produced tanks. Let's just hope they see the flaw in this quickly and change it.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! nonfic's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_TheRealDon View Post
    I looked all the top tier tanks got dropped to 7.7 br, which means IS-4's, Leopard 1's and M-60's will be seeing the lower opponents. Not sure why they would do that unless they have plans in the long run to keep introducing later produced tanks. Let's just hope they see the flaw in this quickly and change it.
    I think this is because of the new "Quantitative Restrictions" matchmaking thing. Basically, how I get is that the top tier plane/tank number is limited on both teams so while you have like 4-5 Mauses on the other team there are the same number of equal tanks in your team. Everything is perfect, matchmaking is good, tanks are balanced, right? At least that is what Gaijin thinks, as said in the Quantitative Restrictions Q&A section. (Linked here)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaijin
    Question: Enemies with a BR of 7.7 are too overpowered for my tank with BR 6.7!​

Answer: Matchmaking always tends to level the power of teams and you will have the same number of powerful allies that will balance the advantage.
    Of course though, it isn't balanced or nowhere near perfect.

Maybe, as you said, they will bring a lot of new high tier tanks to the game so it will somehow sort itself out but I think that is a very slim chance.

Edit: Actually, MagZ's video explains this better than me and shows how it isn't working. I suggest watching it, it is linked in my first comment.

Oops. My brain just hit a bad sector Mbwun's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Thank you for the post.

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I AOD Member AOD_Hellcat101's Avatar
    Rank
    Trainer
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

6.7 BR for tanks now sucks IS 2 versus IS 4 =

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck Marrv's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Play SB then you won't meet Russians if you play as them (or RB).