Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue AOD Member AOD_Hyflex's Avatar
    Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    AOD Racing
    Status
    Active

Default Hyflex Applying for AOD Membership (Approved)

Project Cars + IRacing Application
    What made you interested in applying to join AOD?
    Well, I have raced with a fair few of the AOD guys from ph33rz, soup, Scudbot, Frosty, Venom and a bunch of others and they have all been fair but hard racers.

I usually run with the username "F1Forum" but my actual username would be Hyflex (AOD_Hyflex) for example.

There's nothing more annoying than crashers, rammers and dirty drivers and the vast majority of AOD have all been lovely to race with which is ultimately what I am looking for.

The only area I lack in is my setups as I have no idea really what to do setup wise, so I just run default setups with correct amount of fuel and yet I am still pretty close to everyone else, usually qualifying in the top 5 every race.

A few days ago for example, I had a race with 4 of the AOD guys and managed to get the jump on them at the start, I lost a place in turn 3 but retook my place around the outside of turn 4 (probably one of my best moves ever), the guy was very fair and didn't ram me off like most public players do.

They all had their setups sorted out pretty good, I didn't have time to do anything to my setup not even adjust the fuel loads so I was running with 60kg of fuel when we only needed like 15kg. I had to defend on every corner and I would make my one move, they'd switch to taking the outside and even after 8 laps of wheel to wheel, bumper to bumper racing he was still being extremely fair, we had a little clash when we both lost the rears of our cars but neither of us lost out, we had a drag race down the straight and were side by side through two corners, eventually he got the place and then roles were reversed, now I was in an AOD sandwich having to defend and attack. The guy who overtook me again was very good at defending but eventually pulled a bit of a gap from me and I lost slipstream which meant I was vulnerable against who was in P3, he got past me when I got a bad exit and quickly moved over into a defensive position.

Thankfully none of them tried silly moves like you get in public games where impatient players throw their cars up the inside from a long way back, fail to make the corner and also take you out

I thoroughly enjoyed the race even though I only finished 3rd after leading the race for 8 laps out of the 10. Some very fast, hard, aggressive but most importantly fair racing.

It would have been so much better if I was on TS3 with them all during the race because it makes racing so much more enjoyable.

If I had it on record it would have been an awesome video, but unfortunately I can't get my DXtory to work correctly. Videos come out choppy when playing them back which makes no sense because my computer definitely doesn't have any bottlenecks.
    Who referred you?
    AOD_ph33rz [RR]
    What is your age?
    Have your ever been a member of any PC gaming communities/clans/guilds in the past? (if yes, which one/s?)
    I never usually go down the clan/guild route, instead I usually just play with a few friends who are also all fair racers because most public games seem to be full of racers like "BP" <-- some of you should know who that is xD
    Are you currently in any other gaming communities/clans/guilds? (if yes, which one(s) and for which games)
    Nope.
    Do you have a Microphone?
    Yes
    Have you ever used Teamspeak?
    Yes
    What is your timezone & location?
    GMT/UTC +00 (However, my timezone massively varies due to work)
    Tell us more about yourself. What is your Sim Racing History?
    I've played a lot of pCars, Assetto Corsa, rFactor1/2, Live for Speed, Gran Turismo Series, NFS Series, GRID, Forza, F1 20xx and many others.
    Please provide a link to your steam account
    Hyflex
    AOD is an honor clan. We prefer good sportsmanship over skill. Can you be happy in an environment that doesn't reward skill?
    Yes
    Have you been a member of AOD before?
    No

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Hello Hyflex,

Thank you for your interest in AOD. Could you please provide a valid Steam profile link? Otherwise, feel free to add me as a friend: http://steamcommunity.com/id/RTMPro/

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue AOD Member AOD_Hyflex's Avatar
    Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    AOD Racing
    Status
    Active

Hi,

My link would be: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198038905987/ (no idea how to actually assign an ID to my profile) rather than showing that ghastly number :P

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Thank you.

Please check your private messages for our info.

Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    AOD Racing
    Status
    Active

Yep, read and understood everything. Posted in respective threads, joined group and added iinfo in my TS. (Only 4 people in TS atm)

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

It will look empty because you don't have perms. Be patient and an officer will grab you soon.

Homie thinks he's faster than me... Frosty's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Processed