Can I have your Tots Purp-Drink's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Looking for a new gaming mouse

Hey guys looking for a new gaming mouse was wondering about some of your opinions.

Thanks

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Jayson201's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

For battlefield? Vengeance M65 or anything similar. Some don't use the sniper button but i use it on a daily basis even when not gaming. set it up your own,
    "driverless"
    drivers are saved on the mouse itself, not the computer. anywhere from 50 dpi to 8200 i believe. Perfect for my uses. I have 800, 1200 and 2400, almost never need 2400 except when i need to turn fast to watch my own back,im no good at flick shots anyway lol. Side mouse buttons programmable to whatever your heart desires, even the sniper button can be changed.

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck Marrv's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I have tried all sorts of "gaming" mice over the years, from expensive logitech & corsair mice to cheaper ones. They all die eventually and often have issues before they do.

The biggest factor I have found is actually your hand size (which a lot of people dont consider). I am a tall lanky sort of fellow & my hands are thin (think Xcom Think Man, but less plasma blasters), so to me having a mouse that is comfortable with the mandatory number of buttons is the most important. I use a mouse that gets mixed reviews as people find it "too small".

The safe bet for an fps gamer is the m65, which is generally considered one of the best fps gaming mice available. The down side being it is costly.

I use a mouse that has medicore reviews due to its size & button placement, which is ironic for me as they are perfect for me (Anker precision mouse 8200dpi).

I would above all say, if you can to actually go and try the mice in your hand before buying (the damn internet isnt good for things like tactile feel etc).

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Tynich21's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

A pretty basic and reliable gaming mouse is the Razer deathhadder, only like $50 and I love mine.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I personally like the Logitech g502

Don't piss me off! I'm running out of places to hide the bodies AOD_OddJob001's Avatar
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

After 25 years of gaming and using tons of different mice, this one has been the best Ive owned. Simple, yet durable, functional and highly configurable.

Logitech G700s

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Sidious_SithLord's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Mason11 View Post
    I personally like the Logitech g502
    This one.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I have a Logitech g400, and I think it's ok but would like to try something else. Recently I've tried a Razer Abyssus and 2 different Logitech trackballs, but I went back to the g400. Unfortunately I think it's hard to know if I'll like a mouse until I've used it for a while... so store previews are iffy to me....

I can't really comfortably use both side buttons on the g400, so it may be too large. It also has a kind of annoying lip on the right side, which sometimes I don't notice and other times gets on my nerves. Your mileage may vary? The abyssus has a nice sensor and is light and stuff, but I think it gave me cramps or numb fingers because of the shape.

I like this old basic microsoft mouse, but the sensor is poor and the buttons not so good (imo). It's probably similar to a Zowie AM or something (I don't know... I have to guess).

I want to try a CM Storm Spawn, Deathadder, and SteelSeries Sensei...
    Last edited by Gary; 10-15-2015 at 12:35 PM.

Foxtrot, Unicorn, Charlie, Kilo Neotoad's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

The G502 gets rave reviews. Myself, I haven't tried it as I'm in love with my Corsair M65. I have my PTT hotkey bound to the sniper button. On the fly dpi switching can be useful in certain situations, but I'm more of a set it and forget it type when it comes to my hardware config.

Save your breath. You'll need it to blow up your date! AOD Member AOD_Timmee45's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

I have to throw my hat into the g502 pool. I've gone through a number of different mice over the last 10 years and it's by far the best one I've used.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

My G400 is having weird issues. I don't know what's going on. I swapped to an Abyssus and it's not too bad actually.... Also took this chance to retry a trackball but gave up quick. This trackball (or extremely similar): http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Track.../dp/B001F42MKG
    Last edited by Gary; 10-18-2015 at 04:46 AM.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Drunken_Scalawag's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Looking for a new gaming mouse

My favorites are the Corsair M45, and the new Steelseries Rival 100. I would always suggest to go optical over laser for shooters, as they have the best 1:1 movement ratio, and no acceleration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue LoneSpirit's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

About any mouse with "On the fly adjustment" will be good, just dont spend too much money on it.
    And OFC dont fall for the DPI bullshit they are advertising...

Optical or laser, doesn't really matter, the technology is the same behind them, just get a good mouse pad
    Anything above 2400 DPi is completely useless in gaming unless playing on a 4k resolution screen...

I personally dislike mouse with button sensivity adjustment, it just doesn't cut it for me when I need to take a long distance shot due to the massive sensivity differences
    "On the fly" lets you fine tune it while ingame.

Also, wireless mouse, I wouldn't recommend them either for FPS games, they lag and the batteries become an issue after a while.

So, go Razer, you wont regret it, they have the best quality, prices are kinda up, but its easy to find used ones for cheap