Can I have your Tots SquawCReekGrizz's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default How did you pick your handle?

So last night a comment was made about my handle. Someone said it sounded like I couldn't make up my mind about who I was. So here is what my handle means.

My Grandad, best man I ever knew, lived back in the Shasta Trinity mountains in Northern California. We would go camping and hunting at his cabin every year since I can remember. He had a creek running through his property, Squaw Creek. He was the only person that lived up there year round. No neighbors for 25 miles. Grizz comes from being 6 foot 4 and 300 lbs. I used to shoot cowboy competitions. Squaw Creek Grizz was my handle there too.

So how did you all pick your handle?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Sarrowgrave's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Well this was a strange one for me. Normally I use Wolfenboomer, and have for years, but a while back right before I joined AOD I came up with my current handle Sarrowgrave for Star Trek online and well it just stuck.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I went by Cyber Wraith for a long time. The I played League of LEgends and fell in love with a bug. I mained the hell out of Kha'Zix until I decided to change my name to Adapt1ve. Then they nerfed and gutted my poor little bug and I quit playing league but kept the name.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Kha'Zix saw tournament play today.

Yeah, I got TheFallen when I started playing JK2 in High School. The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers was probably in theaters and there was a line in the movie, something like: "He fell." ... I named myself TheFallen and didn't expect it to stick for so long.

I also have used the name Bimclunk, which I made up because the game Infantry Online required an alias. It's a combo of two words I like, I guess: Bim and Clunk... Reminds me of a robot and some old Jewish song thing.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue FlintBeastwood's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

it came to me in a dream

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck JJay's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I used to use the name Atrus, which was from the Myst game universe. Then I got tired of using an existing name so I stole Ramus from a short story I had written, which I then later found out Ramus was a semi-famous game character in lunar star ocean. But I kept it anyway. Kind of a pain to get in the games I play if its a single name game, but I have variations.

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck Rixxan's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I was making a complete online alias for the game Star Trek Online, and made a complete name for a character. I stole the last name for my standard go-to alias/handle.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue lBozl's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

It's my real life nickname, short for my last name. 8)

Knee High to a Worms Ass TH4D10N's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

it was a random roll when I played WoW. the random name generator actually put out one that was not being used.

Bert

Iwin

Back 1999 when the dinosaurs were driving cars, I happened upon a website http://bertisevil.tv/index2.htm
    It was too hilarious after that to not instill in myself the core values of a deranged, sadistic and alcoholic muppet whilst pummeling newbs in Tribes on dial-up.
    Since then, I've rarely had to choose another name and Bert is easy to say.

Knee High to a Worms Ass ironeagle2006's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

My handle goes way back about 19 years for the name part. I was an OTR driver and in June of that year 96 I was involved in a fatal accident. The man coming the other way hit my truck with enough force it looked like an ied had been under my cab. The cab was blown 20 feet from the frame and spun and twisted so the windshield faced the radiator on the passenger side. I walked out of it. I was told I had to be made of iron to survive that crash in the eagle model truck.

The 2006 is the year I was divorced and also got remarried from the spawn of Satan to an Angel.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue XtheXcodeX's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Explanations for my handles!
    Fraxx-Ki: Primary antagonists in a book I wrote (but never published :( )
    XTheXcodeX: when I played Habbo, one of the people I first met used that handle. I liked it, so I started using it.
    AManInCopper: I used to be in a group called the colorcabal, which was an extension of the GamerGate scandal. My color was Copper, and so it stuck.
    Shellshocked: my last name is shell, so it works :p
    So, yeah. I have a lot of handles >.>

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

It's a nickname that is a play on my last name. As for the numbers, they're just a combination that has stuck with me for years. So when the name I want is taken. I just add 143 to the end.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Sargent Horse's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I used to use the name lets_hit_it a while ago so that when battles would start I could say Let's hit it! I started to hate the name and then I saw the story of Sergeant Reckless and I have been known as Sargent_Horse, Horsey, Sarge, or (thanks to AOD) Seahorse ever since.

Knee High to a Worms Ass VamPirate's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

It just came to me one day. it used to be liderc_the_vamp but people just called me vamp cause they couldnt pronounce liderc, so i decided to drop liderc and tried to think of something that started with a P, pirate came to mind. Interestingly enough Vampirates is a movie title, i didnt know that till i looked it up.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Used Castiel1711 for my handle because I used to be a SPN fan until I started playing Planetside 2. I figured Sotaki sounded better, and am running with that until I find something I like better.

Can I have your Tots GingaNinja98's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I choose mine because I'm a ginger and I do martial arts, so people have used that as a nickname, and I add the 98 at the end because that's when I was born.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_GingaNinja98 View Post
    I choose mine because I'm a ginger and I do martial arts, so people have used that as a nickname, and I add the 98 at the end because that's when I was born.

:P

Knee High to a Worms Ass gavennn's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Mine comes from the highlander movie.

This statement is false flamefleir's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I started using this name around 2004-2005. I basically copied this name from a random player I saw in RuneScape. His name was "flameflier". It looks exactly the same as my name but with close inspection you will see that the "i" and "e" in my name are switched around so it's "flamefleir". At the time I really liked the name because of the "flame" part and how the name looked in all lowercase. The "flame" was cool because I liked fire and the concept of fire/flames. The "fleir" part had no meaning. I just switched around the letters "i" and "e" from the original name. I don't know what the original "flier" meaning intent is. I just liked how the name looked and sounded. I Googled "fleir" right now out of curiousity and it means "multi" or "many" in Icelandic, so "flamefleir" could mean "many flames" lol but "fleir" is a prefix.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast