Heyya,

So, I'm working in the Intensive care (Home Mechanical Ventilation) with an ALS(Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) patient thats around 85 km away from my home, am 12 hours there and traveling back and forth each day is really straining me, takes me 2:30 hours back and forth just to drive and 170 km driving each day ain't fun. Also the bill for the gas is really huge considering that the car uses around 8,2 Liters of Super 95/100 km.
Im considering sleeping in a car when I have 2-3 days of work in a row to save on the gas. Got a little VW Polo 6N 98"..

So anyone got any experience sleeping in a car?
Is it possible to get some quality rest/sleep?
And what should I prepare for it? (I carry my Zastava M92 always with me wherever I go, so I guess I'm pretty safe on that part)

Thinking about to get a mattress into the car, and modify it a bit to make the surface below the mattress as flat as possible but am concerned about the temperature, its November, and Cars get cold pretty fast...
Dont have any sleeping bags, but I could use some big trash bags, tape and 2 blankets :D

And ofc is it legal to sleep in a car? Or do I need to find special places for that?