Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue LoneSpirit's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Streaming gameplay to twitch?

Ello,

Been wondering how do I stream my gameplay to twitch.tv?
    I have a program called Raptr, but it simply wont stream the gameplay, either it says it failed or try later, or simply stops responding.
    The ingame one doesn't work either.

So do I need any special programs for that or what to do in order to stream the gameplay?
    Any help would be appreciated

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! nonfic's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Yes, you need 3rd party application to capture the video then upload it to Twitch. Fortunately, they are kinda easy to set up and also Twitch itself has some tutorials on it.

You can check out any of the official tutorials from twitch on here : http://www.twitch.tv/broadcast

I'd suggest going with the Open Broadcasting Software, since other are either not good or wants you to buy full versions. You can find the OBS tutorial here (or by going into the first link, then to OSB Setup Guide) : http://help.twitch.tv/customer/porta...aster-software

Open Broadcasting Software is really good one. It is free, has a lot of options so you can tweak your settings to the finest, lets you preview the stream by showing it live back to you (this one is possible if you have dual monitors, you either select the first monitor or the game window then run the OBS in the other monitor.), etc etc. I'd maybe stream some gameplay using that only if I had better internet.

If you find it too hard to use or if it somehow doesn't work for you, there are a lot of options on the first link I've sent there.

Good luck! I'd like to watch your stream if you get it set up and working!

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Avist's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Yeah I have no idea about Raptr but I use OBS. Took a while to get it set up to work with my crappy internet but I got it to come threw clear now with no lag.

Remember when you start streaming ( not sure how your internet is) that broadband is like water. Depending on the line it you have you cant do to much or it will slow it down. think of it has water squeezing through a pipe. Since my internet sux in my apartment when ever I stream I have to make sure my kid isn't on Netflix or anything using up broadband or it would cause the stream to lag.
    Just a lot of trial and error.

AOD for life AOD Member AOD_Kharior's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

OBS is good. Lots of people use it. I use Xsplit because I'm lazy and it's UI is pretty dummy proof.
    Kill the meat, save the metal
    -DraigUK