Knee High to a Worms Ass AmeDamnee's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Ban Appeal

I'm posting this ban appeal here because I could not find a ban appeal thread.

Battlereport of round ban: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...20/1694970728/

In game name: HELIX-Ame

Reason for being banned: Pending bf4db ban, banned by admin Tboose7

In no way shape or form does a pending bf4db ban warrant a player being banned from a server. Anyone can report a player on bf4db without sufficient evidence. I play for HELIXgg which is a comp team, and we are fairly popular in the battlefield community. I have never hacked and was not hacking in the server for which I was banned. I find that the ban was extremely unwarranted and was simply a knee-jerk reaction to me killing an admin. If you have any questions, let me know.

Here is a link to the HELIXgg competitive platoon: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...4611685650451/

Liquor? I hardly even know her! AOD Member AOD_tboose7's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Blizzard Universe
    Status
    Active

Thank you for being understanding enough to post a ban appeal.
    I had my reasons for banning you, and it was not a "knee-jerk reaction". If the Sgt's decide my ban was in error, then my apologizes.

I will leave this here for the Sgt's.
    http://bf4db.com/players/16384706
    Last edited by AOD_tboose7; 11-22-2015 at 05:03 PM.

It looks like a tropical earthquake blew through here or something man.
    Rank
    Master Sergeant
    Division
    Blizzard Universe
    Status
    Active

Sorry for the inconvenience, your ban has been removed after review. Typically we do not ban purely off of bf4db reports or bans but analyze reports and changes in players behavior. Thanks for understanding.

Did you just grab my ass?
    Rank
    Master Sergeant
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Your ban appeal has been approved based on a review of your stats and history.

Be careful when defending yourself - we can appreciate someone feeling they were incorrectly banned, but that does not constitute I'll-action on the part of the admin. Our admins take care with who they see as a threat to the servers (be it hacking or douchebaggery). They operate at a high level of professionalism (or the senior staff will know why). The admin adjudicated the case at the time and made a decision. We have an appeals process which you were able to successfully navigate. Don't muddy the waters by name-shaming our admins. Take that into your future dealings with AOD.

D

Sent from space at 27000 miles per second with enough kinetic energy to blow your fricken mind...

Knee High to a Worms Ass AmeDamnee's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I greatly appreciate the swift replies and am glad the ban has been revoked. However, I'd like to clear some things up. I was not attempting to name-shame any admin. I listed the admin who banned me because it is standard in other platoon forums' ban appeal processes and his name was in the ban message. Furthermore, I meant no ill regard in my explanation of what happened. I was simply stating my account and expressing how I thought the admin reacted (as I was banned in the time it takes to alt+tab and navigate to bf4db after I killed the admin). I believe that this information is necessary to present a more accurate representation of what happened and to allow better judgement in the appeal process.

Lastly, I expressed my frustration (rightly so) that the reason stated for the ban was not sufficient. I understand that AOD pays for their servers and you want to do the best to protect them from players that seek to ruin other players' experience. However, please keep in mind that by banning players without sufficient reason to do so (or defending admins who take such actions under the veil of professionalism) also ruins a player's experience. These are not statements of disrespect, but are intended to be a form of constructive dialogue.

Thanks again and please let me know if you'd like to discuss anything further.