Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Jayson201's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Fan speed and Vcore temp?

So I've noticed that my fans ramp up pretty quickly, and as does this new "vcore temp" that the Sabertooth 990fx shows. Used to have a board that didnt display that.
    Anyway, the vcore temp is at any given time a good 10c higher than the actual cpu temperature. Which idles in current ambient temperatures at 40c.
    The issue then is, my fans like to get loud and the way i have them set, they shouldn't get as loud as they do, UNLESS. the fan curve is following the vcore temperature and not the cpu temperature.
    Vcore is obviously the vrm/power delivery area, and short of putting a fan on my side panel i don't know what to do to lower the temps or change the curve to follow a different temperature.
    Anybody have an inkling of what im going on about?

On top of that, I don't feel I have any control of my fans from within the pc (At least not the cpu fans which runs at a constant 2300 or higher
    Last edited by Jayson201; 11-23-2015 at 04:02 AM.

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I AOD Member AOD_ReaverVI's Avatar
    Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    PlanetSide
    Status
    Active

I am no buff when it comes to this arena, however I have read before and used a tool called SpeedFan that might be able to help you, if I understand correctly.

They shall be Dark of heart and strong of body, untainted by doubt and unsullied by self aggrandisement.
    They will be bright stars in the firmament of battle.
    Angels of Death whose shining wings bring swift annihilation to the enemies of man.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I realized that the fans are connected to the pump and the pump alone, and the pump isnt connected to the motherboard (I thought it was. Didn't build myself, it was a gift)
    Anyway
    I just gotta connect the fans to the board instead of the pump! Thanks anyway though!

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I AOD Member AOD_ReaverVI's Avatar
    Rank
    Cadet
    Division
    PlanetSide
    Status
    Active

Perfect! That is an area I need to learn up a bit on actually.

They shall be Dark of heart and strong of body, untainted by doubt and unsullied by self aggrandisement.
    They will be bright stars in the firmament of battle.
    Angels of Death whose shining wings bring swift annihilation to the enemies of man.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I'm actually slightly annoyed with the fact that the h100i requires a near-proprietary cable to function at its fullest... (they arent impossible to find but the h100 is the only use for a moboUSB to mini USB cable i've ever heard of yet.)
    I don't see why they don't just have another fan header to use specifically to control fan speeds, coulda removed the power function and use only the PWM and speed monitoring.