If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! AOD Member AOD_erikglas's Avatar
    Rank
    Recruit
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Default russian aircraft

i have been flying around in russian aircraft but i cant see what type of roles they should play, any reccomendations?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Maybe you can find some guides here; http://www.clanaod.net/forums/showthread.php?t=114834

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! BhPlay's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

From my experience in german planes i know their bombers are made out of paper ( Mine Bf109 with 4 MG-s can destroy them without problems ) , Yaks (t-s) are amazing ) they survived frontal atk of my Fw 190 A-8 and menaged to take out half of mine wing . So yea Russian Yaks are prety good , LaGGs dont have good guns until 3rd tier

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! nonfic's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Speaking for Realistic,

Yaks are great overall everything fighter basically. They can outturn the energy fighters but not turn fighters, they can energy fight the turn fighters but not the actual energy fighters, etc. You can do everything good in that plane but your opponent usually lacks at something (turning with Fw190's for example), so you can play your cards on what your opponent cannot do and get the advantage that way.

LaGG's, well, for tier 1 they have cannons while everyone has to use machine guns, so that's a plus. So does Yak's though. After that, they are kinda the same planes until you get to La-5, I find that plane is more of an energy fighter or even a BnZ'er. It goes the same after that I assume.

Mig's are high altitude BnZ'ers in my opinion because they can't turn. You need to get a lot of altitude to make sure you have the advantage.

I don't think I need to explain the I-16's. Turn, roll, turn, roll, they are dead.

Speaking for Arcade, I haven't played Arcade in a while with my Russians but I used to play a lot when I first started. Same things for Realistic should apply, Yak's are even better at everything in Arcade because of the flight models, they can do anything, anytime, anywhere. LaGG's can still do well but not my favourite planes, they should be like Yak's with bad performance I believe. Mig's still can't turn so you must go bomber hunting or get the high altitude superiority then BnZ. I-16's? They turn.

Note: I usually play Germans in Realistic as my favourite nation/planes so I might be wrong on some occasions. You didn't mention it but I believe you play Arcade, as the most of the player base is focused on Arcade. If somebody who plays "Arcade for living" or loves the Russian UFO's wants to correct me, I'm more than happy to get corrected. I struggle against Russians with my Germans so maybe I know something wrong.