Thread: Auto banned

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue KillerAceUSAF's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Auto banned

So apparently "XXXXX" gets me auto banned from the BF4 server...

EDIT: Unbanned.
    Last edited by AOD_Deity; 11-24-2015 at 11:57 PM. Reason: removed variant word in question

Did you just grab my ass?
    Rank
    Master Sergeant
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

I watched that happen in real-time, actually, in Procon. You used one variant and were auto-kicked by a language algorithm (probably about as fast as you hit the enter key). Why you came back and used it again with another variation is.. challenging. I'll facilitate your unban.

The term has other uses, and is mixed in with an auto-detect algorithm to keep people from sneakily using racist terms and slurs. Since that term really has no use in Battlefield, I suspect you won't get kicked again (since you won't use it again).

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Thanks, the DLC noob server is one of the few servers that is actually any good (even if it get really unbalanced at times).

Rank
    Master Sergeant
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

We're happy to know you enjoy it.

Balanced servers are quite difficult to achieve for a few reasons, not the least of which is 10 people try-hard PTFOing in squads versus 10 people sniping on a hill prevents the balancer from making an accurate determination. Another large reason is that one person's "unbalanced" game is another person's "close" game (ask someone if a 1 point game, a 200 point game, or a 400 point game is unbalanced - those answers are interesting and run the gamut). All that being said, the balancers (multibalancer, Truebalancer, or even DICE's proprietary brand) are imperfect. But we do what we can.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I totally understand the balance issues. Sometimes I want to lay back and just snipe, other times I want to run-n-gun, or go complete team support. the game is super dynamic, changing every minute as people change play styles, and people come and go. The games that end with only a few points difference are absolutely amazing because everyone is going full out to win.

Rank
    Master Sergeant
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

I tend to agree with the last part, but at the same time can appreciate some 0/500 games that were more of a battle than the "score" indicates. Just one more reason we try to watch as actively as we can. The passive tools (when optimized the best we can make them) are good, but sometimes a real-live look at whether a game is truly lopsided is the best measure.