Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Admin on a power trip

USER: Alexander DeLarge
    SERVER: The one that's 24/7 TDOF

You must include the reason that you think you were banned.: I was told I was disrespecting the admins for calling AOD Tank out on a power trip and siding with baseless accusations without remotely checking into them. I was kicked for "wasting time" when I was only unlocking doors in generator and at the precise moment where I was kicked for "wasting time", I was in the hallway breaking into the throne room.

How can that be considered wasting time when I was doing the objective? It's not my fault my team sees me going into the generator room and bitches about "not contributing". I'm unlocking the doors, which is invaluable to the team and I got TONS of shit for defending myself.

This all took place around 4:50PM PST, since this is a game based on Quake 3, I'd imagine you guys have logs? Hopefully? Because my tilde key is broken and I can't pull up my console.

You must include the admin who banned you, if you know. AOD Tank (or something)

You must include the circumstances under which you were banned: I was speaking to another admin about an admin currently on the server about an unjust kick (accused of "wasting time" in generator when I was unlocking doors, when I was kicked. As I was explaining what happened to the other admin, he said "doesn't sound like anyone I know" and Tank took responsibility for what he did and said "I have admin privileges, my power >your nothing (something to that effect)" and I sarcastically replied "well I'm sorry you're on a power trip, but I've been on this server for like 300 hours, can you not take it out on me?", other clan members sided with their clan mate, I called it out saying "Go figure, they're sticking up for each other, great community" and he banned me for 20 rounds.

Was it disrespect? Sure, but was it justified? I'd certainly argue that point. The users shouldn't be victims of admins and members of your community that shouldn't have a place in it to begin with. Go through the logs and you'll see me using a couple stupid binds, you'll see me ironically saying GG EZ after my team loses, but I'm not TKing, I'm not delaying, I'm not harassing anyone and I've never had any problems with the community (other than the time I got TKed about 15 times in a row by a troll and his three friends).

Is it really wrong to speak out and argue with an admin in such circumstances? I'm an active player and I'm not going to lay down and have an admin kick me and ban me under false pretenses (because my team saw me going into the generator a lot) and defend their actions with "my server, my rules". This isn't a fucking dictatorship and if it is, at least advertise it as one. The admin did not see me do what two or three of my teammates were claiming, because he was alive, if he were in spectate, he would've seen what I was doing at that precise moment, unlocking the throne doors, running back through the halls trying to do the objective.

I'm not looking for an unban, I'm just looking to have a discussion, which one admins of the server was interested in having before I got banned in a fit of rage, ego or likely both. I'm putting my neck out there as a player of hundreds of hours to have this discussion so I'm hoping I won't be reprimanded for speaking out more than I already have.

Banned from Forums Alexander DeLarge's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Also, I should add that I told the admin I was going to post about this, and he urged me to do so because "nothing will happen". He feels pretty secure in his position. I don't know the structure of your community but I certainly hope someone like this isn't in a position of any real power.

I'm really hoping you guys have server logs of some sort.

Rank
    Sergeant
    Division
    Jedi Knight
    Status
    Active

And he was right, nothing will happen. Getting tempbanned for time wasting is not a topic for a discussion here. Next time just follow the rules and you will be fine.
    Sent from my PC using Keyboard