I took an IQ test and the results were negative ShinigamiRaven's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Test vid

hey guys can i have your toughts on this vid? i decided to make a test vid to test how the quality is when i record it aside from that i would like to know what i can improve

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! nonfic's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

My first advise would be to switch from XSplit to something else. There are a lot of ways you can capture a video nowadays, best would be the NVIDIA Shadowplay (obviously if you have a NVIDIA card) or FRAPS.

Main issue with the FRAPS is that the raw recordings (.avi) are too big, so you have to compress it before you upload it to Youtube (by converting it with a program which can convert .avi to .mp4). If you don't want to work with the huge file, at least you can use the Open Broadcaster Software to replace the XSplit. It is a program for streamers (like XSplit) but you can modify the settings to your liking and record videos much like a normal screen capturer, and it is completely free. At least, it won't leave the watermark like XSplit and you will have your .mp4 file ready unlike FRAPS. However, if you have a NVIDIA card and it supports Shadowplay, there is no need to work with FRAPS or Open Broadcaster Software. I believe it would be the best to use Shadowplay if you can since it uses less resources and hence better performance.

Second, don't just upload the game play footage directly to Youtube. Make some tweaks to it, select a song (or two) that fits the length perfectly, watch your video couple of times and see if you get bored at somewhere. Try cutting the boring parts without changing the whole video too much but try not to make too much cuts because then viewer will get lost in them.

Third, try to get your aspect ratio matched up with Youtube's. I see some black bars on the side of the video, that is the hint of a lazily done video.

Fourth, try to find the balance between the music and the in-game sounds. As a viewer, I wouldn't want the song to be too loud that it blocks the in-game sounds but I certainly don't want to hear a guy constantly shouting 'Enemy forces captured a zone!' too. As of right now, the music is too quiet and the in-game sounds are too loud. Also, you should consider increasing the quality of the sound a bit (which will probably get fixed if you switch to FRAPS or Shadowplay).

I hope these helps in some way. I tried to base my advises on 'What would I do to make a good video?' and 'What would I want to watch as a good video?' point of views.
    Last edited by nonfic; 12-22-2015 at 11:11 AM.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

good advise but i use OBS before and that was too scrappy so i use xsplit since streaming quality is better and recording the same
    plus im a noob at this and it wont get any better

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_ShinigamiRaven View Post
    i used OBS before and that was too scrappy
    OBS's settings are quite complicated, and most likely you got something wrong. With the right settings I believe it can be both efficient and good quality. I can look on the internet to find the best settings if you want, or find some guides on how to set it up correctly.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_nonfic View Post
    OBS's settings are quite complicated, and most likely you got something wrong. With the right settings I believe it can be both efficient and good quality. I can look on the internet to find the best settings if you want, or find some guides on how to set it up correctly.
    well i did try to get a good setting but all the settings what ever i did with them it didnt work aswel as obs was indeed too difficult to get a good setting.
    aswell the versions i had were quite new and even tough i wanted it to be updated my pc crashes or obs didnt even update. + i had a lot of framerate issues but that coulda been with the settings of obs or the game. aswell i had sometimes that my pc crashed out of the blue when i was streaming let alone using the program -_- well i still have it but aint using it

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

well i did try to get a good setting but all the settings what ever i did with them it didnt work aswel as obs was indeed too difficult to get a good setting.
    aswell the versions i had were quite new and even tough i wanted it to be updated my pc crashes or obs didnt even update. + i had a lot of framerate issues but that coulda been with the settings of obs or the game. aswell i had sometimes that my pc crashed out of the blue when i was streaming let alone using the program -_- well i still have it but aint using it
    oh and the music i had the music volume too low..... didnt notice until i put it live as for me being lazy with toying around with it is couse i dont know wich software i should use to edit my vids

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

If you say so :)