View Poll Results: What Mouse & Keyboard?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Steel Series: Rival 700

2 25.00%
  • ROCCAT Nyth

2 25.00%
  • Vengeance K95 Keyboard

5 62.50%
  • Razer Blackwidow Chroma Stealth

3 37.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I kwahamoT's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default What Keyboard & Mouse should I get?

Firstly, I don't know if I should put this here or the Computers, Software and Tech Support place. If it is in the wrong place, by all means move it.

I am wanting to get a new keyboard and mouse. I am using really crappy ones I got from work.
    The two keyboards I was looking at are as follows:

-> Vengeance K95 Keyboard - http://www.scan.co.uk/products/corsa...2UUaAnka8P8HAQ

-> Razer Blackwidow Chroma Stealth - http://www.razerzone.com/gb-en/store...chroma-stealth

The two mice I was looking at are as follows:

-> ROCCAT Nyth Modular - http://www.amazon.co.uk/ROCCAT-Nyth-...ds=roccat+mice

-> Steel Series Rival 700 - https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/rival-700

I am looking for a keyboard with macro keys and a mouse with extra side buttons. £150 max for keyboard and £75 max for mouse.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Depends, what are your favorite games to play/games you play most?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

That's a hard question. I play a lot of different types of games.

Tom Clancy The Division (Once out)
    Tom Clancy Siege
    Games like WoW (Need for macro keys)
    Battlefield
    H1Z1

You name it, I most likely play it.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I'd go razer chroma and the steel series, from the list you picked but that's just my preference though.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I have corsairs RGB Strafe (new silent version, £130ish) and I'm happy with it's build quality, noise levels and the feel of the keys. I have a friend who has a Blackwidow and they feel a bit heavy for me and are loud.
    I also have a mouse by ROCCAT, their Savu (£45ish) is really comfortable, though it only has 2 extra buttons but I'm very happy with it's quality too.

When it comes to asking for advice, people are always going to favour something they have or have previously owned. I look for RMA services, price, and how they support their products.

One final piece I can leave you with is go with what you think you'll be most happy with or can get the best price for.

Hope this helps in one way or another :D

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I have the K95 RGB and I love it

Macros are a little overkill, unless you really need them I would go with a Strafe or K70
    I just got the K95 cause it was on sale for the same price as the K70 and I was just like screw it lol
    Amazing Profiles for them here: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=147210

I DO NOT recommend Razer keyboards, they use their own keys switches, not the Cherry MXs (which are higher quality and more support imo)

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

i voted for Vengeance K95 Keyboard. Corsair makes some really good keyboards.. Im still using one of thier first model that came out whit. and im still in love and been thinking about get Vengeance K95 Keyboard next week or so.
    And about the mouse: http://mionix.net/mice/naos-8200/

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I'm off out to a couple of shops today to have a look at some. I am definitely interested with the Corsair keyboard and I am still deciding on the large variety of mouses.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

You can also buy a Switch Sampler to try out different types of switches. It's handy to try them out in store too which you've said :p

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Went for this in the end:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CH-9...aming+Keyboard

Still looking for a new mouse though.

This is not the Bandu you're looking for. Bandu's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I have a K70 from Corsair (RGB) and it is amazing. One thing I do love about the corsair is the build quality, it is a solid keyboard. Another aspect is there is no limits on what you can do with the RGB aspect of it. As far as mouse, I have a Naga from Razer, and I have been looking into changing it, and I hadn't heard personally of the ROCCAT Nyth. Did a some research to make the vote, and now I'm actually thinking about buying it lol.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Logitech G402 is a nice mouse too. Just a suggestion. :D

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Here is a detail that I think is going to make your purchase even more pleasing on the keyboard you chose (maybe). This was announced on CES 2016. This applies to any RGB from Corsair.

Corsair RGB SDK
    RGB backlighting on keyboards finally has a productive purpose. Corsair's RGB SDK allows game developers to map key lighting to in-game gameplay, so that, for example, your weapon keys are green until you run out of ammo, at which point they turn red. Another demo'd trick was mapping your health to the lighting on the Function keys, which slowly faded to black to match the dwindling health bar as enemies attacked.

More details on this link: http://www.pcworld.com/article/30199...h-purpose.html

Also here is a link to a new mouse coming out that looks amazing. This mouse is still not out, but it is coming out very soon, and it was announced and unveiled in CES. It is the Steelseries Rival 700, here is the link for more details: https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/rival-700
    Last edited by Bandu; 01-22-2016 at 03:43 PM.

Okay, who put a stop payment on my reality check? Zafod's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Bandu View Post
    [FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=2][COLOR="#cccccc"]

Also here is a link to a new mouse coming out that looks amazing. This mouse is still not out, but it is coming out very soon, and it was announced and unveiled in CES. It is the Steelseries Rival 700, here is the link for more details: https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/rival-700
    This mouse is fancy and all but... when do u really look at the side of your mouse? lol

I have a corsair k70 vengeance and love it not problems for 2+years

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Zafod View Post
    This mouse is fancy and all but... when do u really look at the side of your mouse? lol

I have a corsair k70 vengeance and love it not problems for 2+years
    Never, that was actually the least important feature in my eyes. I think the haptic feedback that you can customize. It is really cool to be able to tell things that are happening on the game by a small subtle vibration, giving you a reminder.The form of the mouse (I'm a palm grip and have huge hands) it just looks comfy, but I could be wrong. The Oled screen is really cool, granted you wont use it much, but it is something nice, and different, and who knows, maybe it does display some important stuff. But we can really sit here and list a bunch of stuff, but the truth is gaming peripherals are filled with useless features, 99% of them are. The K70 is a good mouse, way too small for my hands thought.

Okay, who put a stop payment on my reality check? Zafod's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Bandu View Post
    Never, that was actually the least important feature in my eyes. I think the haptic feedback that you can customize. It is really cool to be able to tell things that are happening on the game by a small subtle vibration, giving you a reminder.The form of the mouse (I'm a palm grip and have huge hands) it just looks comfy, but I could be wrong. The Oled screen is really cool, granted you wont use it much, but it is something nice, and different, and who knows, maybe it does display some important stuff. But we can really sit here and list a bunch of stuff, but the truth is gaming peripherals are filled with useless features, 99% of them are. The K70 is a good mouse, way too small for my hands thought.
    It was a joke...

and a k70 is a keyboard

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Zafod View Post
    It was a joke...

and a k70 is a keyboard
    I hope you didn't take my reply the wrong way One thing would be really cool, their site says that you can put logos and stuff on it, wonder if we can put an AOD logo in it, that would be super cool. And in all honesty I thought you meant the k65 and didn't want to correct you, since we were talking about mouse. I do have a K70 Keyboard also, I love that thing. I have the Star Wars profile from their forums with the emperor version, it is super cool lol.