Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Internet connection problem

I've just upgraded to a new mobo and cpu (ASRock Z170 Extreme4 and Intel 6600K), and i have trouble connecting to the internet.

I'm using ethernet cable to connecto to my router. At first, i wouldn't get any connection at all, the diagnostics said i didn't have the ethernet card. Then i installed LAN drivers from the mobo drivers CD, and the PC recognized i had an ethernet card, but it said i didn't have an ethernet cable plugged in. It also started to establish connection for a split second every minute or so.

Then, after searching for solutions on the laptop, it properly established connection by itself. However, after i shut down the pc and turned it on again, it went back to saying i don't have the ethernet cable plugged in and connecting for a split second. It does so for about half an hour, then establishes connection by itself. Now i have connection, although it still goes to the "you don't have ethernet cable plugged in" state now and then.

Help?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

The only thing I can think of doing is deleting all internet drivers and starting again.

I have come to terms with the fact that I am cannon fodder. Cyrihs's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Does it do the same thing with a different cable?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

It does the same even if i use the usb wireless. On other devices, wireless works fine, so it's not the router, nor the cable.