Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Nathan-rodger7's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Russians

So yeah today I just discovered the Russian planes :/ why have I not flew them before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Oh... yea the russian planes.... so good.. Yak-3 oh boooy

What is time to an immortal? AOD Member AOD_Cadimus's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_eQuiitox View Post
    Oh... yea the russian planes.... so good.. Yak-3 oh boooy
    The Yak-3 is such a great plane :)
    "In midnight clad"

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I've fallen in love the the LaGG-3-35 and Yak1 so far I've got them fully done in like 4 hours

Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy Milky's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I mean they have pretty good jets, I think they don't have the best prop planes, They could be better. Also don't go for Yak-15 or 17 they are the worse jets in the game.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue MorteDeAngelis's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_MiiG View Post
    , I think they don't have the best prop planes, .
    Yak3/P, Yak9P, Yak9UT, Yak9K/T

Might not have the best Props overall but they definitely have questionably under tiered props for their BR
    But definitely agree with the Yak15/17 being the worst Jets. Though I personally prefer the La series as the Yaks (in RB anyway) I just feel they are a bit "floaty" for how I would expect a plane to behave

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_MorteDeAngelis View Post
    Yak3/P, Yak9P, Yak9UT, Yak9K/T

Might not have the best Props overall but they definitely have questionably under tiered props for their BR
    But definitely agree with the Yak15/17 being the worst Jets. Though I personally prefer the La series as the Yaks (in RB anyway) I just feel they are a bit "floaty" for how I would expect a plane to behave
    I mean only semi good thing is the guns and even then it's meh, But yeah the LA series is the best for Russia

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Tikkakoski's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Im of the opinion that the only good russian plane is a flaming one :D

That being said I do play them occasionally but I don't care for them much.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I doubt I'll even get to jets in any nation it seems like too hard work :/ but I will use the la5s knowing that now

Don't piss me off! I'm running out of places to hide the bodies DonnyMack's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Here's my take on the Russians:

The Yak 9-T it the best plane for its BR in the game. The entire Yak line is amazing. The P and UT are unbelievably amazing.

The La line is garbage compared to the Yak line, IMO. They are good planes, and eventually lead to the La-7B and La-9, but compared to the Yak's... Besides, La's can't turn and that pretty much kills it for me.

As far as the jets go, I own the Yak-15 and it's by far not the worst jet I own. The P-80 with it's horrible machine guns can't shoot down anything and it can't turn. The German salamander (the He jet that comes from the Fw line) is terrible in comparison. Again, a jet that can't turn or shoot down anything easily. The Yak-15 at least has dual 23's and is able to turn well. It's just slow.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_DonnyMack View Post
    Here's my take on the Russians:

The Yak 9-T it the best plane for its BR in the game. The entire Yak line is amazing. The P and UT are unbelievably amazing.

The La line is garbage compared to the Yak line, IMO. They are good planes, and eventually lead to the La-7B and La-9, but compared to the Yak's... Besides, La's can't turn and that pretty much kills it for me.

As far as the jets go, I own the Yak-15 and it's by far not the worst jet I own. The P-80 with it's horrible machine guns can't shoot down anything and it can't turn. The German salamander (the He jet that comes from the Fw line) is terrible in comparison. Again, a jet that can't turn or shoot down anything easily. The Yak-15 at least has dual 23's and is able to turn well. It's just slow.
    Hmmm indeed, Also the LA-15 is bad xD

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue EnyaliusJin's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I discover Russian planes all the time... in front of my crosshairs! :D

(Let's leave out the part when I then fail to get any critical hits, get turned on, and die in a horrible fire in my shitty US sad excuse for a fighter)

- Jin

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! nonfic's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_DonnyMack View Post
    The P-80 with it's horrible machine guns can't shoot down anything and it can't turn.
    Correction: The P-80's machineguns can't shoot down anything ONLY in Arcade. Because of the flight models of planes everything takes huge amount of bullets to be killed, and damage to the parts of the aircraft usually doesn't matter.

Also, it can't turn, because it isn't intended to turn. It is a god damn jet! There are other fighting tactics that doesn't involve turning *cough* energy fighting, boom and zooming *cough* and many of American planes are actually intended to fly that way. All jets -- except the Vampire and Venom -- must use those tactics as well.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Tikkakoski's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_nonfic View Post
    Correction: The P-80's machineguns can't shoot down anything ONLY in Arcade. Because of the flight models of planes everything takes huge amount of bullets to be killed, and damage to the parts of the aircraft usually doesn't matter.

Also, it can't turn, because it isn't intended to turn. It is a god damn jet! There are other fighting tactics that doesn't involve turning *cough* energy fighting, boom and zooming *cough* and many of American planes are actually intended to fly that way. All jets -- except the Vampire and Venom -- must use those tactics as well.
    You pretty much hit it on the nose. Turn fighting with American planes and jets is tantamount to suicide. You've got a heavy fast plane with amazing energy retention and you throw all that out the window as soon as you turn. A good energy fighter or boom and zoomer will eat turn fighters all day. Don't believe me? Fly a corsair against a zero and watch his wings fall off trying to follow you in dives or watch him get boom and zoomed to death. No it's not fast paced in close combat, it requires patients, but done right you'll dominate RB matches.

Knee High to a Worms Ass GRIMEY's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

i used to like the russians for their guns but have come to realize ill take a american, germ or brit with a couple 20mm's anyday