Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Sky Samauri

  1. #1
    If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! EnderJr's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    63

    Default Sky Samauri

    Just played Arcade planes with Sky for about an hour or so... It was a lot of fun, but more importantly, Sky gave me some good tips for air battles. I encourage everyone who wants to get better at dog fighting, to seek out advice from the better pilots like Sky. Sky's best tip was about "head-on" encounters... I won't go into it here so you'll just have to ask him!

    EnderJr aka Angry Sphincter

  2. #2
    For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened, small stain AOD_Whaleco's Avatar
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,525

    Default

    Sky is one of our better arcade pilots & a fine officer, I'm sure he will be willing to help :)
    War Thunder Sgt

  3. #3
    I get enough exercise just pushing my luck Marrv's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Age
    33
    Posts
    336

    Default

    I still like confusing people with my head-on tactic (invert the plane). Works a lot of the time, confuses the hell out of people when I explain why it works.

  4. #4
    If you ain't makin' waves, you ain't kickin' hard enough!
    AOD_BoomBoomStick's Avatar
    Rank
    Staff Sergeant
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    the netherlands
    Posts
    3,854

    Default

    OK Marv explain.....




    For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed,
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still.

  5. #5
    If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn? AOD Member AOD_B.Rubble's Avatar
    Rank
    Specialist
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas,Nv
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_BoomBoomStick View Post
    OK Marv explain.....

    basically it's geometry BmBmStick.

    Most people are used to "sensing' the planes direction in a head-on due to attitude.*The planes,not the persons....* Not hard to figure out how to "lob' shells out farther than Your enemy,by deducing where their reticle will be due to 1 of 2 choices.Up or down.

    Inverted COMPLETELY screws up the equation. 1-prevents most pilot ko's. 2-The geometry is different. The reticle appears lower as the planes nose/direction of flight is "Down' due to inversion,regardless of the pilots inputs to the contrary.Sure the plane will perform those actions,however the reticle is NOT where it appears to be.Last but not least,the evasion maneuvers are vastly different in their timing and relative space needed,which also throws people off..

    least thats what I encounter when going head on/inverted. Nakbula watched Me take down 6.0 planes last night using a 2.7 Ger BF doing inverted head-on's. 3x in a row. It works people
    BRUBBLE

    Bringing BedrockBedlam to a Map near YOU
    "If ur gonna ride My ass,You better pull My hair

  6. #6
    I get enough exercise just pushing my luck Marrv's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Age
    33
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_B.Rubble View Post
    basically it's geometry BmBmStick.

    Most people are used to "sensing' the planes direction in a head-on due to attitude.*The planes,not the persons....* Not hard to figure out how to "lob' shells out farther than Your enemy,by deducing where their reticle will be due to 1 of 2 choices.Up or down.

    Inverted COMPLETELY screws up the equation. 1-prevents most pilot ko's. 2-The geometry is different. The reticle appears lower as the planes nose/direction of flight is "Down' due to inversion,regardless of the pilots inputs to the contrary.Sure the plane will perform those actions,however the reticle is NOT where it appears to be.Last but not least,the evasion maneuvers are vastly different in their timing and relative space needed,which also throws people off..

    least thats what I encounter when going head on/inverted. Nakbula watched Me take down 6.0 planes last night using a 2.7 Ger BF doing inverted head-on's. 3x in a row. It works people
    Pretty much this, using bigger words and concepts than I tend to do so

  7. #7
    If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn? AOD Member AOD_HolyPrinze's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    OKC, OK
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,110

    Default :P

    SKY is a very good Person. Helpfull,Friendly. He is overall the meaning of AOD

  8. #8
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much. AOD Member AOD_Mephysto's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Saint Etienne / France
    Posts
    193

    Default

    When we say inverted....Does it mean putting the plane on his back?

  9. #9
    ~HaKuNa MaTaTa~ AOD Member AOD_Sworn Assassin's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Roll Tide!!!
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Mephysto View Post
    When we say inverted....Does it mean putting the plane on his back?
    i believe that would be a yes or upside down aka inverted
    WaR~ThUnDeR ~ HaKuNa MaTaTa ~

    ~~ AOD4LiFe ~~ (R.I.P.) MOH:AA division
    https://soundcloud.com/tucker0012 ~~~ Roll Tide Roll ~~~ Alabama Crimson Tide ~~~

  10. #10
    Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes SKY_SAMURAI's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_HolyPrinze View Post
    SKY is a very good Person. Helpfull,Friendly. He is overall the meaning of AOD
    Thank you HolyPrinze truly appreciate it.

  11. #11
    Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes SKY_SAMURAI's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_EnderJr View Post
    Just played Arcade planes with Sky for about an hour or so... It was a lot of fun, but more importantly, Sky gave me some good tips for air battles. I encourage everyone who wants to get better at dog fighting, to seek out advice from the better pilots like Sky. Sky's best tip was about "head-on" encounters... I won't go into it here so you'll just have to ask him!

    EnderJr aka Angry Sphincter
    My pleasure Ender next time we fly together we work on other tactics ;)

  12. #12
    Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes SKY_SAMURAI's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Whaleco View Post
    Sky is one of our better arcade pilots & a fine officer, I'm sure he will be willing to help :)
    Thank you WhaleCo, your not to shabby yourself ;)


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin By: ForumThemes.com
Top