Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default got my first golden eagle wager - how to?

Yo guys, got my firest GE wager - killing 3 aircrafts and winning the game. the problem with this is that going solo its basically 60% lose 40% win coz of nobody on my team usually has any bombers to get the objective. Usually, not sure if intentional by Gaijin, when I get a 150% bonus for 1 game, I get the shittiest team ever and always fail to win (although I get the good ammount of money/exp by killing other planes / objectives). Actually I can think of only 1-2 instances when I could win having a good bonus turned on.

So i'm kinda worried that the same "set up" is for the GE wagers -> once you turn it on you get high chance of getting people with bad performance thus winning multiple times is impossible. Even if it's not "set up" from the beginning to fail I still dont believe to be able to win multiple times, let's say 15 win / 2 lose.

got any idea how to increase my chances of winning? I can fail 2 or 3 times, not sure.

thanks folks

Don't piss me off! I'm running out of places to hide the bodies DonnyMack's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

You can fail up to 3 times.

What you need to do is "trick" the matchmaking into your favor. That's the key. And whenever possible, get yourself a BRubble on your side.

This is how I complete my wagers (Last one I did was the rookie one and I completed all 10):

1st - trick the matchmaking so your flying either 2.7 or 3.7, depending on your premiums (the German and Russian ' TIII/2.7 BR' P-47 will allow you to do 2.7, otherwise you'll need to go 3.7)
    2nd - start out in a fighter and get your 3 kills asap. Winning the match is pointless if you don't get your kills. Then you yourself need to be dropping bombs or capping bases if you plan on influencing the match. So get in a bomber or "quick-cap fighter" asap. Again, the emphasis here is asap!
    3rd - your first bombing targets need to be the ones furthest away, in most cases it's the 5 pillboxes over their spawn. These prevent wins most often. Now it's rough, tricky business getting those but this is where the P-47 (or a fast bomber with powerful ground target guns) comes in handy. You can get all 5 of those in 1 pass if you drop your bombs or fly low and shoot them up.
    4th - finally, blow up as many tanks as possible. There's "mystery bombs" that fall out of the sky that'll kill the tanks, along with your ground units helping you out. (also, if you see someone attacking your ground units next to the spawn, you need to call out the guy so your teammates are aware and they can kill them asap).

That's basically it. Let me know if you have any other questions.

If you ain't makin' waves, you ain't kickin' hard enough! BoomBoomStick's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Hollycz View Post
    Yo guys, got my firest GE wager - killing 3 aircrafts and winning the game. the problem with this is that going solo its basically 60% lose 40% win coz of nobody on my team usually has any bombers to get the objective. Usually, not sure if intentional by Gaijin, when I get a 150% bonus for 1 game, I get the shittiest team ever and always fail to win (although I get the good ammount of money/exp by killing other planes / objectives). Actually I can think of only 1-2 instances when I could win having a good bonus turned on.

So i'm kinda worried that the same "set up" is for the GE wagers -> once you turn it on you get high chance of getting people with bad performance thus winning multiple times is impossible. Even if it's not "set up" from the beginning to fail I still dont believe to be able to win multiple times, let's say 15 win / 2 lose.

got any idea how to increase my chances of winning? I can fail 2 or 3 times, not sure.

thanks folks
    15 win / 2 lose ??? loll you better turn those numbers around 2 wins / 15 lost
    if you get a average of 5 /10 kills each round you will get no more then 1 or 2 with a GE wager on
    once you turn it on the game isn't working the same as before
    you think you know where to aim ??? forget it that will not work anymore
    normally your big cannon bullets do a lot of damage or even kill in 1 shot?? yeah right now they only ruin the paint job
    if 1 burst will take of a wing ?? now you have to empty your ammo clips
    your plane is a very good turn fighter ?? forget it now it feels like your flying thru water or oil

Gaijin will probably say this is all not true...yeah right i have done GE wager enough now to know it works this way
    I mean come on they will not make it easy to do the GE wagers, because then nobody would BUY GE anymore

if you wanna get at least a few rounds won fly with 4 AOD guys in a squad make sure 1 is using bombers or ground attacker and cover him and get your kills
    if its domination, get 2 airfields and defend them forget about the 3rd airfield you don't need it to win and again try to get the ground units
    stick together like clue and cover each others back

then and only maybe then you can get like 10 to 15 rounds out of 25.... but only maybe.
    we managed to get 12 rounds with 4 of the best AOD members we have.
    I have seen players getting all 25 rounds , sometimes you get lucky

have fun

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

So it was not only my imagination that the game feels different with boosts activated? I thought it will be the same for GE wager and look at it, I was right. I think it's quite badly done by Gajin since u have really low chance to even get that GE wager and even to mess this up for people...

either way, I need to look for some people and play it with them. will see how it goes. Anyone interested? I am flying tier 3 brits

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

nobody up to this challange? *sad, anxious face* :O

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue JadedAce's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

When Golden Eagles are on the line, let's just say that Gaijin does not want to just "give" them away. IMHO Match Maker's algorithm pits you against some tougher opponents. Squad game play is the way to do it. AOD has plenty of excellent pilots to help you in your endeavors. Your clan will help you. Feel free to ask for help from your team to tackle the Golden Wagers together.