Can I have your Tots BryanB1996's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Science2 Computer science/engineer majors?

So I am in school currently taking my first computer science class and it isn't too bad especially since I have basically no coding experience. Now my question is, is anyone here a graduate or works in those fields? What should I expect or consider to know if I will enjoy this path?

I know it involves calculus and physics which so far isn't too bad.

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes AOD Member AOD_BritishBob's Avatar
    Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

Not quite the same, but I'm final year student for Computer Networks and Network Security in the UK.

We have had one module out of 8 a year coding and it's really just the basics. I've come to realise there will be some coding in most/all computer jobs. Networking with the cisco kit, try rolling updates out to hundreds of bits of kit... Nah you just run a python script to do it for you.

If you want to learn a language heavily, learn python. Amazon, for example, do most of their stuff with python.

Can I have your Tots BryanB1996's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Thank you for you insite. I have heard of python from some other students in my class. If you happen to see this post again, when you graduate, do you get a bachelors? Or is it called something else? Your degree in the UK.

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes AOD Member AOD_BritishBob's Avatar
    Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_BryanB1996 View Post
    Thank you for you insite. I have heard of python from some other students in my class. If you happen to see this post again, when you graduate, do you get a bachelors? Or is it called something else? Your degree in the UK.
    I will get a BSc (Bachelor of Science) in Computer Networks and Security.