Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    If you can't find the enemy, they're behind you. AOD Member AOD_Silkmonger's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Arkanstone. (USA)
    Age
    54
    Posts
    437

    Default Anti-spawncamp suggestions

    Ok. I got backshot as I spawned again today. When I complained, 3 or 4 of my own team called me names because they were all camping the enemy spawn. Another match ruined.

    What if they drew a border on the map, such that nobody could cross the line and gain score? Moreover, what if, by crossing that line, you were now double score for anyone who killed you in their spawn?

    Also, what if there was a timer on you that started when you spawned, and gave you however much time to leave the spawn, with the amount of time given depending on the speed of your vehicle? (So that people did not try to stay in the spawn and fight)

    Lastly, what if, while you were in your spawn, nobody could get points for killing you until you left the spawn area? At least this way, if someone were going to snipe you as you (re)entered the game, they wouldn't be able to backshoot you for points.

  2. #2
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Blutkind's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Age
    33
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Torgund View Post
    What if they drew a border on the map, such that nobody could cross the line and gain score? Moreover, what if, by crossing that line, you were now double score for anyone who killed you in their spawn?
    People would still spawn camp simply for the fact that it secures a win.

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Torgund View Post
    Also, what if there was a timer on you that started when you spawned, and gave you however much time to leave the spawn, with the amount of time given depending on the speed of your vehicle? (So that people did not try to stay in the spawn and fight)
    People would still spawn camp, they would merely change their locations to match where the spawn protection failed. You could counter this with saying that at least players would be able to look around and get their bearings, but the problem would still remain, just changed.

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Torgund View Post
    Lastly, what if, while you were in your spawn, nobody could get points for killing you until you left the spawn area? At least this way, if someone were going to snipe you as you (re)entered the game, they wouldn't be able to backshoot you for points.
    As the first one, people would still do this to secure the win, as this ensures them more points overall than the loss.

    Spawn camping is a very tricky situation to deal with, and anything that Gaijin changes, will impact in a negative way with the community sadly. To give some other examples of the solution and their problems.

    * Make the spawn area a no-go area for the enemy
    Enemy moves to camping the exit points of the spawn. Players start sitting in their own spawns to shoot out of it knowing the enemy cannot close the distance.

    *Give the spawn area more cover so spawning players cannot be hit
    Again enemy moves to camping the exits of the spawn area.

    The key thing I have seen with spawn camping is that sure, its a rubbish tactic, but its a viable one. It's your team's mission to ensure that they cannot flank around enough to do this. Every ground forces game I'm in, if someone announces that we have a spawn camper, I will turn about and go deal with it. It's much more beneficial to the team to do that, then to carry on trying to push the objective. It falls into the same category of those who go to space in RB. Is it low? sure. Is it a pain in the arse when the enemy does it to you? You're damn right it is! Is it against the rules? Not in the slightest. Don't chase him for every as this is just going to annoy the hell out of you. Land, rearm, pickup secondary ordnance and go pick off what remaining ground targets are available. He will soon realize that he cannot win by outlasting you.

    More than happy to talk about this at length further with anyone who wishes to.

  3. #3
    If you can't find the enemy, they're behind you. AOD Member AOD_Silkmonger's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Arkanstone. (USA)
    Age
    54
    Posts
    437

    Default

    These next two paragraphs are meant to be done at the same time:

    Ok. I suggested no point spawn areas for both sides, and your reply was that people would still spawn camp to ensure a win. What if, rather than no points, it actually costs points to spawn camp from within their spawn area? As you pointed out, people will still camp the exits of a spawn area, if they cannot camp the actual spawn, but people leaving the spawn have some chance to coordinate, and the fire doesn't come from behind them.

    As for players who would sit pack and fire from within their own spawn, remove points for that as well, and give players who have spawned a timer to leave their spawn or die. (with longer times for slower vehicles, so there is plenty of time to drive out) This cuts those players who want to homestead in their own spawn, as well as people who are afk during the match.

    This next idea is something everyone could do now:

    Another idea is to just blacklist spawncampers. (even the ones on your own team) Eventually, the game will have the hardcore spawncampers and non-spawncampers in separate sessions. The spawncamping players don't care for this idea. While I will admit it will slow down matchmaking, I'd rather not play a game where one side or the other pushes an early advantage to the point where the other side cannot spawn.

  4. #4
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Blutkind's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Age
    33
    Posts
    44

    Default

    The problem here is that they will never want to make a change such as what your suggesting. No matter which way you swing it, someone is going to get pissed off.

    Too much work would required to change it so that you lose spawn points for killing a player inside their own kill zone to make it worthwhile to make that change.

    And they will never segregate the game into a spawncamper / non-spawncamper queuing system. Hell, people have lobbied for all kinds of different queue systems but the fact remains doing such a thing would simply kill the game itself.

    The game itself works. And works well. It's a chappy thing that happens but steps to change it are not in the near future I'm afraid.

  5. #5
    If you can't find the enemy, they're behind you. AOD Member AOD_Silkmonger's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Arkanstone. (USA)
    Age
    54
    Posts
    437

    Default

    What does blacklisting do then? I don't know that I've gamed a second time with anyone I have blacklisted. If people start blacklisting all of the spawncampers, what then happens? (I don't know, because I don't know what happens now)

  6. #6
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Blutkind's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Age
    33
    Posts
    44

    Default

    All blacklisting does is make it so that you don't see chat or radio commands from that player. It won't stop you playing with them.

  7. #7
    Get Real Paul eQuiitox's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Age
    25
    Posts
    624

    Default

    They should add " Return to the Battlefield " once a enemy enters your spawn.... if they stay there to long they explode!

  8. #8
    If you can't find the enemy, they're behind you. AOD Member AOD_Silkmonger's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Arkanstone. (USA)
    Age
    54
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Well, crap. I guess "Blacklist" is misnamed. That should have been "mute".

    Maybe the could then just tweek "Blacklist" such that it now highlights every time someone from your list is on the other side. That way, at least you would know there were players that were going to be spawncamping, rather than playing the game.

  9. #9
    Okay, who put a stop payment on my reality check? AOD Member AOD_TheRealDon's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Western Front
    Age
    26
    Posts
    470

    Default

    i posted this thread in the War thunder forums and it was pretty well received, but when i tried to post a forum in the suggestion section for it. It never got approved for posting.

    http://forum.warthunder.com/index.ph.../#entry5740166

    I feel a system like this would be fair to all and help improve the current state of affairs.

  10. #10
    ~HaKuNa MaTaTa~ AOD Member AOD_Sworn Assassin's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Roll Tide!!!
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,845

    Default

    Maybe having multiple moving spawns, all around the map, map starts regular spawns, as the battle progresses, the spawn points are moved at random .. so not just top and bottom spawns but corner spawns and side spawns
    WaR~ThUnDeR ~ HaKuNa MaTaTa ~

    ~~ AOD4LiFe ~~ (R.I.P.) MOH:AA division
    https://soundcloud.com/tucker0012 ~~~ Roll Tide Roll ~~~ Alabama Crimson Tide ~~~

  11. #11
    ~HaKuNa MaTaTa~ AOD Member AOD_Sworn Assassin's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Roll Tide!!!
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,845

    Default

    also, maybe a procedure such as like if u drive a tank off the map.. timer then it blows up if u don't get back in, same concept.. you enter the enemy spawn, you die.. you shoot an enemy in their spawn area you die, you shoot an enemy from your spawn, you die
    WaR~ThUnDeR ~ HaKuNa MaTaTa ~

    ~~ AOD4LiFe ~~ (R.I.P.) MOH:AA division
    https://soundcloud.com/tucker0012 ~~~ Roll Tide Roll ~~~ Alabama Crimson Tide ~~~

  12. #12
    If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn? AOD Member AOD_B.Rubble's Avatar
    Rank
    Specialist
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Las Vegas,Nv
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,172

    Default

    simple.If a enemy player is in spawn *that area defined by game as spawn* for more than 30sec,they explode,period.Sure,they'll camp the exits,but if enough people randomly explode...
    BRUBBLE

    Bringing BedrockBedlam to a Map near YOU
    "If ur gonna ride My ass,You better pull My hair

  13. #13
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue JadedAce's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    43

    Default

    I would suggest a general area in proximity to spawn be a neutral zone, where shots fired at freshly spawned planes or tanks deduct substantial points. Perhaps not head ons, which can be dodged, but rather "Boom and Zoom", strafe or "belly" attacks fresh out of spawn do no damage, but counts against the attacking plane. An attempted kill would simply result in the attackers own death and resulting points loss. In a squadron battle for instance, an attack from any side of a protected spawn would result in loss of points and tickets for the opponent. Tanks get spawn protection, albeit a short time, but protection nonetheless. I have wasted many bombs dropping on a freshly spawned tank; enough to heed the results of wasting ammunition. If said attack also deducted points from my stats in-game, for me, there would be zero incentive to attack a spawning vehicle . This might simply push vulnerability forward .5 kilometers for instance, where they would create an "exit camp" . Gaijin's inaction or apathy to the numerous complaints indicates that they simply advocate the reality that is "spawn camping" or know there is no logical way to avoid it. I'm afraid it is something we must tolerate.

    We played a very frustrating game today against a team that set up a textbook spawncamp with German planes after achieving air superiority over the battlefield. The battle was truly won in the very first minutes of our squadron battle.

  14. #14
    If you can't find the enemy, they're behind you. AOD Member AOD_Silkmonger's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Arkanstone. (USA)
    Age
    54
    Posts
    437

    Default

    I have read these, and they've given me another idea: 1) Put a pillbox back behind each spawn, such that tank fire can't kill it, and let it cover the spawn area. If someone wants to enter an enemy spawn and sit behind the enemy as they spawn in, they do so with the rear of their tank facing a pillbox that has an AT gun. 2) Put the same sort of AAA around behind the tanks spawns as you get at the airfields. This cuts out the hovering over the enemy spawn some are inclined to do with airplanes.

  15. #15
    ~HaKuNa MaTaTa~ AOD Member AOD_Sworn Assassin's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Roll Tide!!!
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Blutkind View Post
    The problem here is that they will never want to make a change such as what your suggesting. No matter which way you swing it, someone is going to get pissed off.

    Too much work would required to change it so that you lose spawn points for killing a player inside their own kill zone to make it worthwhile to make that change.

    And they will never segregate the game into a spawncamper / non-spawncamper queuing system. Hell, people have lobbied for all kinds of different queue systems but the fact remains doing such a thing would simply kill the game itself.

    The game itself works. And works well. It's a chappy thing that happens but steps to change it are not in the near future I'm afraid.
    okay, with the regular game out of the question how about this .. for squadron battles...

    as we well know, squadron battles are pretty much a spawn camping festival.... AOD has managed to make it to rank 58 without doing so.. however, multiple squadrons we've played that are in the top 20 that we have spoken with have confirmed that yes, they spawn camp and no gaijin doesn't care and they call it "part of the game". Yes, it has been claimed that Gaijin supports spawn camping in squadron battles.

    What I suggest, is a referee.

    thats right, a =MOD= referee for squadron battles.. maybe there are enough =MOD='s maybe there aren't , but.. Gaijin could always hire more =MOD='s

    it wouldn't be very difficult to incorporate, there are not hundreds of squadrons going at it on a daily basis, and would be simple for a =MOD= to watch the battles and make sure no silly business is going on.
    WaR~ThUnDeR ~ HaKuNa MaTaTa ~

    ~~ AOD4LiFe ~~ (R.I.P.) MOH:AA division
    https://soundcloud.com/tucker0012 ~~~ Roll Tide Roll ~~~ Alabama Crimson Tide ~~~

  16. #16
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Blutkind's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Age
    33
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Torgund View Post
    I have read these, and they've given me another idea: 1) Put a pillbox back behind each spawn, such that tank fire can't kill it, and let it cover the spawn area. If someone wants to enter an enemy spawn and sit behind the enemy as they spawn in, they do so with the rear of their tank facing a pillbox that has an AT gun. 2) Put the same sort of AAA around behind the tanks spawns as you get at the airfields. This cuts out the hovering over the enemy spawn some are inclined to do with airplanes.
    Now these are some idea's I like. Although the AAA would range the whole map, so it would be hard to change the coding to have it only target in a very short radius. But still, I think these are fantastic! I will pass these along as soon as I can.

  17. #17
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Blutkind's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Age
    33
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Sworn Assassin View Post
    okay, with the regular game out of the question how about this .. for squadron battles...

    as we well know, squadron battles are pretty much a spawn camping festival.... AOD has managed to make it to rank 58 without doing so.. however, multiple squadrons we've played that are in the top 20 that we have spoken with have confirmed that yes, they spawn camp and no gaijin doesn't care and they call it "part of the game". Yes, it has been claimed that Gaijin supports spawn camping in squadron battles.

    What I suggest, is a referee.

    thats right, a =MOD= referee for squadron battles.. maybe there are enough =MOD='s maybe there aren't , but.. Gaijin could always hire more =MOD='s

    it wouldn't be very difficult to incorporate, there are not hundreds of squadrons going at it on a daily basis, and would be simple for a =MOD= to watch the battles and make sure no silly business is going on.
    With the amount of dislike the Mods currently have by their moderation in forums and in game, I'm not sure having them directly affect Squadron Battles would be a good idea. This would lead to Squadrons accusing others of Bribing the Ref, or preferred treatment etc etc.

    I like the idea of a Ref though, but for a ref, it would also need to have a set of rules agreed to by all squadrons taking part, as something like spawn camping, while frowned upon, is not listed in the rules as illegal as such.

  18. #18
    ~HaKuNa MaTaTa~ AOD Member AOD_Sworn Assassin's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Roll Tide!!!
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Blutkind View Post
    With the amount of dislike the Mods currently have by their moderation in forums and in game, I'm not sure having them directly affect Squadron Battles would be a good idea. This would lead to Squadrons accusing others of Bribing the Ref, or preferred treatment etc etc.

    I like the idea of a Ref though, but for a ref, it would also need to have a set of rules agreed to by all squadrons taking part, as something like spawn camping, while frowned upon, is not listed in the rules as illegal as such.
    Were the pro thunder league matches not ref'd? I think it would gain a lot of positive responses. More clans would partake and even the ones that spawn camp .. not all of them like the fact that spawn camping happens. It would make the game better and move it forward in a positive way. Gaijin has made a great game for us to play.. putting forth the effort to make this happen would show the community a lot and only benefit gaijin. It would keep clan play strong and more than help the game grow and expand

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Tapatalk
    WaR~ThUnDeR ~ HaKuNa MaTaTa ~

    ~~ AOD4LiFe ~~ (R.I.P.) MOH:AA division
    https://soundcloud.com/tucker0012 ~~~ Roll Tide Roll ~~~ Alabama Crimson Tide ~~~

  19. #19
    Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Blutkind's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Wellington, New Zealand
    Age
    33
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Sworn Assassin View Post
    Were the pro thunder league matches not ref'd? I think it would gain a lot of positive responses. More clans would partake and even the ones that spawn camp .. not all of them like the fact that spawn camping happens. It would make the game better and move it forward in a positive way. Gaijin has made a great game for us to play.. putting forth the effort to make this happen would show the community a lot and only benefit gaijin. It would keep clan play strong and more than help the game grow and expand

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Tapatalk
    They were not so much reffed as they more had commentators such as you would find in soccer. Due to it being broadcast on twitch I do think it made the teams adhere to the rules more.

    I know there are upcoming clan changes in the next patch and some of this may be related to world war. We will have to see. But a bit more involvement in the clan war aspect is surely only going to promote and bring in more players who like this game, but see a lack of end game content such as WoT has.

  20. #20
    ~HaKuNa MaTaTa~ AOD Member AOD_Sworn Assassin's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Roll Tide!!!
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Blutkind View Post
    They were not so much reffed as they more had commentators such as you would find in soccer. Due to it being broadcast on twitch I do think it made the teams adhere to the rules more.

    I know there are upcoming clan changes in the next patch and some of this may be related to world war. We will have to see. But a bit more involvement in the clan war aspect is surely only going to promote and bring in more players who like this game, but see a lack of end game content such as WoT has.
    Sounds interesting .. still hope u can pass on the ref idea.. u never know they may like it as well. Even if they dont incorporate it like we are talkin about

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G730A using Tapatalk

    by the way, is there a link where i can read about some of this stuff coming in the next patch.. or is it still hush hush :-D ?
    WaR~ThUnDeR ~ HaKuNa MaTaTa ~

    ~~ AOD4LiFe ~~ (R.I.P.) MOH:AA division
    https://soundcloud.com/tucker0012 ~~~ Roll Tide Roll ~~~ Alabama Crimson Tide ~~~


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin By: ForumThemes.com
Top