Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Sense of Right League's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Interesting New Furniture for PC Gaming

Hey guys, going to be renting a room and moving out for the first time. The desk and chair I have are worn out and not really worth hauling to the new location. Anybody have a setup that they love?

The desk + chair combination I'm looking at is this: Chair, Desk

My monitor is a 24-inch BenQ RL2455HM that weighs ~9 lbs and my microphone is a Blue Snowball USB.

Thanks everyone!

A Mighty Pirate!
    Rank
    Master Sergeant
    Division
    Skull and Bones
    Status
    Active

The only thing about that desk that turns me off to it is that it doesn't look like it provides much stowage for cords, and I loathe messy cords. That said, there are lots of ways to handle that without needing the desk to.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Looks like something from ikea, not that that's bad but it doesn't look like it will last long or do power gamer well.

What's a console monitor :/

Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I kwahamoT's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I'm not sure how large your room is but I will give you what I got.

Desk - https://www.officefurnitureonline.co...6v8aAgeB8P8HAQ (Not the exact same but similar)

I have a simple chair but I am going to be getting - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/arozz...gc-008-zz.html

I have two monitors, my computer and a bunch of other equipment on my desk. I also managed to fit a cabinet underneath of it.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Sense of Right League's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	desktop.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	277.3 KB 
ID:	22224

The desk is actually pretty sturdy, and is a big improvement from the tiny cramped desk I had in the last place. Loads of leg room for tall people like me. It says power tools are not recommended, but trust me: if you get this you will want a drill for the wood screws.

Chair is nice and comfy and doesn't sit too high for the desk. You'll need a helper to screw in the back piece though, since its impossible to do solo even when the chair's sitting on its side.

Bed set and curtains may be distractingly ugly but the set was cheap and the curtains have blackout fabric which is a must for a night shift worker like me lol.

I took an IQ test and the results were negative CaiTatius's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I highly recommend a good sit/stand desk. It typically costs more, but I tend to feel a lot better after a long gaming/study session. I know quite a few staff members at my work that use them. Personally, I'll never go back to a normal desk.

http://www.ergodepot.com/Jarvis_Juni...k_p/jrv-jr.htm

That paired with a monitor arm will give you a great workspace. Chairs I find harder to recommend because everyone has a different body and seating preference.