I have come to terms with the fact that I am cannon fodder. Cyrihs's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default i3-6320 vs i5-6500

I'm building a computer for my significant other. The most resource-intensive game she'll be playing on it will be Sims 4. I'm having a hard time choosing between the i3-6320 and the i5-6500. Just thought I'd get some input.

I know how most of you guys feel about overclocking and getting the best possible hardware. I'm trying to keep it a semi-budget build, so try to just keep it between these two processors.

Save the whales. Collect the whole set KaosC57's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Cyrihs View Post
    I'm building a computer for my significant other. The most resource-intensive game she'll be playing on it will be Sims 4. I'm having a hard time choosing between the i3-6320 and the i5-6500. Just thought I'd get some input.

I know how most of you guys feel about overclocking and getting the best possible hardware. I'm trying to keep it a semi-budget build, so try to just keep it between these two processors.
    You don't even have to go that high. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kbBKyc That would be plenty fast enough for your GF, and it would be dirt cheap. She could also play other games too. And, you can Overclock the G3258 very nicely to keep it up with other CPU's. I'd stick it at 4.0 Ghz for what your GF does. It should stay stable with the CM 212.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

AOD_KaosC57 is right, my gf and I have used that as far as bf3 64p med+ @ 60+fps, it's all you need for almost anything currently out tbh.

mobo and cpu shouldn't be more than $110