Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Wundsalz's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Wundsalz Youtube corner

After a discussion I've had with sky a couple of weeks ago on this forum, where we've discussed streaming/recording software, I've installed Nvidia Shadowplay myself today to let it run in the background occasionally so I can analyze my game-play. Also I'll hopefully be able to catch and save a good moment to share it with you every now and then as well. My Internet is rather crappy, so I have to compress my videos before uploading them. In case anyone is interested in reusing my material for an AOD trailer or something along the line, I might be able to send you a higher quality version of a video.

Here's a snippet taken from one of our squadron battles we've had today, featuring a brief kill-streak:

I'm a bit concerned about all the voices running in the background in TS though (privacy and such). Have we signed up for being streamed and broadcasted when entering AOD or shall I ask anyone who is in the TS channel for a explicit permission?
    Alternatively (perhaps even better) does anyone know a convenient way to remove TS audio from a shadowplay recording or prevent shadowplay to record it in the first place?

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes AOD Member AOD_BritishBob's Avatar
    Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Thanks you British, I've talked to the guys who have been involved in tonight's Squadron Battles and they're cool with it. Sky Samurai has pointed out an option in Shadowplay which restricts the audio-recording to the war thunder only. So I'll simply use it for future recordings to avoid this problematic entirely.

The video in the OP and another one I'm about to upload still come along with the lovely voices of the death panthers. However I'll keep the videos unlisted in my youtube channel so they are only accessible by a direct link. On the plus side this will allow all of you guys who aren't part of our competitive subgroup to take a sneak peek at how we roll and communicate.

Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

Me and andy ofter post here: http://www.clanaod.net/forums/showthread.php?t=116920

But if you're gonna do it regularly, your own thread might be a better option. o7

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I'll consider it. Meanwhile here's another video from the beginning of one of our last squadron battles, we've had tonight.

The video stutters occasionally. Does anyone know what might be acting up there? I suspect my drive to be the bottleneck here, though I don't know enough about recording to make an elaborated call on this. I write the recordings onto a rather old HDD which is connected to my PC via USB. Here are some details about my system in case anyone can narrow the source of the problem down for me.
    Recording Software: Nvidia Shadowplay
    Graka: GTX 780 (4GB memory)
    CPU: W3536 @ 3.2Ghz (8CPUs)
    Memory: 12 GB

Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

Are you playing and recording to the same hard drive? Cos if you are that's probably it. If you don't have a second hard drive just to dump vids on I highly recommend it.

Edit: Rereading the post. It's proberbly the hard drive. IF you can get a cheap 500gb internal hard drive that would serve you much better.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Thanks Bob! I run WT on my internal SSD. I think I've got a spare SATA cable lying around somewhere. So I can just use that to connect the my external HDD directly to my mainboard. Perhaps it's just the USB 2 connection which bottlenecks the bandwidth here.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I've found a SATA cable and an old 120GB HDD I've salvaged from a notebook a while back on top of that. Haven't checked it thoroughly yet, but I haven't found any freezes like in the last video when skipping though a test video.
    Also here is a brief video of my spawning into battle... briefly:

Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    Helldivers
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Wundsalz View Post
    I've found a SATA cable and an old 120GB HDD I've salvaged from a notebook a while back on top of that. Haven't checked it thoroughly yet, but I haven't found any freezes like in the last video when skipping though a test video.
    Also here is a brief video of my spawning into battle... briefly:

If you get any more freezes if you might want to change the priority on the recording software.