If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Novafry's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Gaming Community Culture - Respect

As one of your more senior members (age - not gaming experience!), I would like to encourage our members to be on the look out for abusive conduct online to our fellow members. You hear about 'cyber bullying' in the media but you don't expect to see it with the folks in your own gaming community. It's going to be up to us to question what we hear at times. What one member may consider light hearted jesting may be creating a hostile environment for another member.

I would also tell you that it has been my experience that sometimes when a team member is doing or saying things that are 'diminishing someone's gaming experience' (annoying the crap out of someone), the response can often be anger or insults. Recognize when someone's activities are getting under your skin and give it some thought before you speak. Find the time to have that crucial conversation. Be honest but respectful. It's not easy. There are whole books and training courses on getting this right.

If the conversation goes bad, find one of your trusted leaders and seek council. The goal is to create a gaming culture where everyone can have a good time.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! Otto_Schackruta's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

wise words ... ... wise words ...

Keep honking. I'm reloading TheRealDon's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Very well said Nova, we are here to have fun if at any time you begin to have an issue with another member try and solve that issue directly with them as you all agreed you would do by agreeing to the CoC. Now if you try and fix the issue or it is of a more serious nature find an officer we are here to help you and well get the story and facts and try and help both sides.

Now with that said at no point should we be putting down other members of AOD, it doesn't matter what their K/D is or how good they can get the turn on an enemy. We have members of all skill levels and experience but are here for one thing, to have fun with others who share a common interest. Don't let another member bully someone but not say anything cause they're your friend, do the right thing and you will be living up to the AOD standard we all should be striving for.

Guys im proud to be here in AOD and talk about how much fun i have here, please continue to be a great group of people i know you all to be.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Wow....I'm amazed. I've been here for 1 1/2 years and never heard anything like that. Of course we get new members all the time so anything is possible.
    Everybody I play with seems to get along real well and I hope it will continue that way.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

A wise man once said a closed mouth gathers no foot.

If you ain't makin' waves, you ain't kickin' hard enough! BoomBoomStick's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I just wanna say that if some one is bullying another member then he is out .
    Joking around and all is good as long as it is indeed joking , but if it turns into bullying then you are breaking the C.o.C .

Always try to solve any issue / problem directly with the involved member
    it might be smart to ask an officer to help out or just listen in, just to have back up
    try to find a Cpl or Sgt is the best you can do

Remember that we have over 300 members in this division
    and we all understand that although maybe we cant be friends with everybody
    (human brain just doesn't work that way),
    we can still show respect to everybody.