Ever notice how fast Windows runs? Neither did I RavenSCO's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Grinding the free slot

Is anyone else grinding for the free slot and 1k ge ?????

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Wundsalz's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

What are you talking about? Can you link us to the corresponding announcement?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

every now and then war thunder sends you a link to give your friends if they get to rank 3 research that is start researching a tier 3 vehicle you get 100ge free. Also and this is the bit thats not widely known if you get 10 friends to tier 3 research you also get 1 free crew slot for ALL countries ....

Remember war thunder does not verify email so when u sign up as "your friend " using the link from the ingame message ( copy and paste it into a note ) and play that account till you begin tier 3 research repeat x10 and get the 1k ge total and more important the free crew slot the cost of a slot for you now will remain as is so if you are 500ge for a new slot after the free slot is added it will still be 500ge for the next one.....

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

sounds neat but insanely grindy. What's the fasted way to do this and how long does it take?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

The quickest way to do it is in a clan effort we all create 10 email addys and post them in a thread then everyone grinds through them i have been grinding them myself and it takes ages i have done half of them this month but my main game is suffering because of it...worth it in the end tho....

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Do new players get some sort of start bonus, that one premium vehicle put aside? I'm thinking of free day of premium or something along the line to ease the grind.

I could imagine a russian 2.0 or 2.3 lineup to work well for this.

Knee High to a Worms Ass toolate87's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Sounds like a lot of work for little pay.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

The free crew slot is what its about if u really had 10 mates doing it it would be no work at all but what we are doing would be utilising a loophole to gain 1000ge and 1 free crew slot across the board

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

It's possible to buy a premium account for one day with the start money + referral money + completing the fighter tutorial. If one does this in russian aviation roughly 100k RP are required (101.8k if one wants to use the two T1 laggs as a foundation for the grind). Looks like a days worth of grind to me... for one account. Hm, I don't know...

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

i use the t1 laggs and the yak1 with i15 62 as premium free plane i have tried various countries and russians are prob the best because of the cannons in t1 lol

I couldn't give two 'pucks' so Chew-On-It Chew0n1t's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by RavenSCO View Post
    The free crew slot is what its about if u really had 10 mates doing it it would be no work at all but what we are doing would be utilising a loophole to gain 1000ge and 1 free crew slot across the board
    And there be the hook.

The Devs know that most of us will not bother chasing our friends around and harassing them into researching to level 3 units as fast as possible, in fact they know most of us wont have 10 people we know that would be interested in playing this game with us in our true friends (Yes real life outside the box that is wering away beside you right now) and thus we will be trying to create 10 alts instead - we spend money on the game already and if we have a total of 11 accounts trying to get the extra crew slots an 1k of eagles we will most likely be funding them all. They don't care much if you end up loosing interest because the game is getting expensive because they have the stats that show x number of people playing the game which is then used to draw in more people.

In reality to get the extra slot and 1k eagles in not viable for most of us, but it wont stop many people from trying and so it is a win win situation for the Devs.

Personally I'd rather focus on one account, spending freely which will help keep the game funded so the devs wont loose interest and stop developing the game, and if any of my friends show interest I will send them the link. That's what I do in other online games.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I've decided to give it a try so I can get a feeling how grindy this actually is. The Chaika is stupidly OP (is it the same as the researchable BR 2.7 one? - it much rather feels like a 2.7 plane than a 1.7 one).
    I've given the Lagg a spin, but felt like the environment was to competitive, so I'm back to clubbing bi-planes with the chaika... though I start to feel like an asshole.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	t1premRus.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	316.7 KB 
ID:	23100

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Aaaaand it's done... so it seems to take me an evening to grind one of the ten 'slot-accounts'. The Russian premium plane is incredibly good - especially when considering one ends up against 1.3 enemies most of the time while the "noob protection" is still active. Considering I plan to unlock all crew slots on 4 out of 5 nations at least in the long run, I think I'll eventually grind myself through these "friend accounts". I feel filthy after this session though and I've never been called a cheater as often on one day as I have been tonight. The 1.7 BR chaika is simply untouchable by enemies who don't BnZ or use their keyboard to turn.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shot 2016.04.06 23.54.10.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	310.8 KB 
ID:	23109
    On a side note: I've never been shot down in the chaika. One of my deaths has been caused by a collision with a team mate. My second death has been caused by one of these vile, green bastards erecting themselves into the skies for the sole purpose of cutting the wings of biplanes flying by. Asshole trees. I hope the time-cap of WT gets extended to the 70s at some point so I can avenge myself by covering all maps in a layer of agent orange
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shot 2015.11.13 18.55.41.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	333.8 KB 
ID:	23107  

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I could prob do the same 1 evening per account if i just did that 100% but my girls dont allow me lol i will try to be on ts tonight to talk to the required then anyone who can manage to understand the scots accent .....

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I won't be there. Haven't got enough time today to do it in a single run and I'm also tired of flying biplanes for a while after yesterdays session. Perhaps some time next week when my premium account has run out.

Also don't mind the second picture in my last post. I've accidentally uploaded the oldest picture from my screenshot folder instead of the newest one. After correcting that error the old attachment has still been present and I can't edit the post anymore.