Save the whales. Collect the whole set AOD Member AOD_MHare's Avatar
    Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

Default Camoflauge Opinion Poll

Okay.Opinion poll time. I would like hear what other people think about this.
    Gaijen got everyone excited about the new camoflauge coming out. Bushes, skulls, etc, etc. However, WHEN they rolled them out, it cost 500GE just to GET the bushes and camoflauge with NO way of actually EARNING them. I know and understand that camoflauge doesn't really matter in Arcade mode because you still have a big tag over your head, but in RB battles, it would be nice to have. Some people, such as myself, just cannot afford to drop 500GE to get that Camoflauge. it's been raised to 2000 GE today.
    Personally, I think Gaijen needs to change it so you CAN earn them not just buy dropping lots of money for GE.
    What are your thoughts.

Keep your head on a Swival
    Firehose.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Blutkind's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I don't see the problem with the bushes personally. They are not fully working to start with, but end of the day, its a FTP game. Funding is needed to continue development. That aside, Gaijin have given multiple options to earn premium currency, and are always doing events where you can win currency (In-game events, screenshot\video events etc etc).

I've yet to see a single FTP game that offers the same to its players.

Everything in the game (Apart from Bundle Specific vehicles - Which I don't personally like the idea of) can be obtained within the game without spending a dime as long as your willing to put the time and effort in to obtain them. Those who do not want to do that, have the option of purchasing in-game currency and skipping that.

Heaven forbid a business would like to earn money to pay its Staff, Property and Equipment costs.
    Micro payments is the way most free to play games are going.

Nb: Not angry or directed at anyone here. Just something that has had to be repeated about 40 times over the past 48 hours.

Keep honking. I'm reloading Roeffel's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I don't like the bushes because I believe they give an advantage in realistic battles for example
    First off if the bushes are added correctly, it's harder to spot that tank
    Second, even if u manage to spot the tank, it's still hard(er) to see where to actually shoot for the weakspots because they will be covered

When it come to the price, I don't know what to think of it
    At one side, I'm ok with it as is because less players will be equiping them,
    but at the other hand it would have been nice if we could grind for it, but then a really big grind, almost like acing a tank
    And then it's kinda like Blutkind explained and u can earn it without money if u put a lot of effort to it, which u could compare to a really big grind

So in short, I still don't like it (unless it would be arcade only maybe), no matter how u can obtain them

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! BhPlay's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

500 GE for a bush is crap.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue ViolentRanger's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I am not a tanker so this really doesn't apply to me but the 2000 ge cost of the bushes from the outside looking it does really sound completely pay to win. It sounds like it would give huge advantages to realistic tankers. I do not feel the game as a whole has gone pay to win but this sounds like it is causing realistic tanking to be pay to win unless the huge advantage I imagine does not exist.

Save the whales. Collect the whole set SKY_SAMURAI's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I am I missing something here, I agree with Blukind. The game is free from the start, with many option to earn if wanted. The game is always progressing that doesn't come cheap. If I where to go buy a ps4 game at 70$ that will be done in 8 hours or less depending 500ge is 3freakin dollars, really pay to win.?

Save your breath. You'll need it to blow up your date! Tom12348's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Camoflauge is really just behind a pay wall and its a beginning to pay 2 win. It really should be removed or made for everyone.