Hybrid View

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue KillerAceUSAF's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Need Help With Teamspeak

So my main headset broke about 2 weeks ago, but I have some ear buds. For a while I could only be on teamspeak with out a mic since my computer only recognizes my ear buds as speaker output and not a mic input. So I have found a way wound this by using my desktop to listen in teamspeak, and using my laptop as my mic to talk to people. But the problem is with the AOD TS since you can only have one computer on the TS per account. So how should I go about this? Should I create a temporary, second account so I can talk to people until I can buy another headset?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Can you plug your buds into the laptop? A bit awkward but will get you by. Also you can have TS on more than one device, but probably not at the same time.
    You just have to use the same identity on each device. Below is instructions for importing and exporting you're ID #. GL

What if I use multiple devices?
    TeamSpeak Identities are completely portable and can be used from multiple devices. In the next few days/weeks, you should expect our friends in AOD who are gifted in tutorials and image manipulation to put up detailed steps, but the following should be a good start.

1.) In TeamSpeak, go to Settings -> Identities
    2.) Select the identity you are using for the AOD TS server
    3.) Click export and chose where to save the file. WARNING: do not give this file to anyone, they will be able to use your identity
    4.) Copy the file to your secondary device
    5.) On the secondary device, open TeamSpeak, go to Settings -> Identities and click import
    6.) Find your identity file and import it
    7.) Create a new server bookmark (or update an existing bookmark) to use the new identity

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue KillerAceUSAF's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

thanks so much!