Knee High to a Worms Ass gumbi17's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Best plane for lions ??

Whats the best plane to grind out lions?

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Its easier to make lions in the 3.7 - 4.3 br. The games are quicker, and repairs for the planes are reasonable.

Other than that, you make the most lions in the planes you perform the best in! If you have any planes with talismans, start with those. In all honesty, it is never a bad investment to buy a talisman on a plane in t3 or t4 that you know you'll be flying a lot. You'll earn more research / lions on those and work through the tech tree faster. (I bought a few talismans when there was a sale off once, and i've been lucky to earn a couple others.)

Don't piss me off! I'm running out of places to hide the bodies DonnyMack's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

A premium with 100%+100% bonus. Then get as many of those as you can. lol! j/k

Really the best way to earn lions is to get in the plane that you fly the best and kill as many targets as possible. Many, many ground targets are a great way, too. The low tier Russians are great since they fly well, can sorta dive bomb and have a 150% lion bonus on most of the planes.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	228k lions.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	23338

Might be a bit dated but i'm sure it can still pull in its fair share of lions. B25 all the way.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue KillerAceUSAF's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

My BEST earners are, in order, premium Tier IV Zero, D-13, and then the P-47M

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

What Byrd said. Also don't buy every plane you unlock unless you really want it. I did that at first and ended up with a hangar full of POS planes that are now just collecting dust.

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! Wundsalz's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Byrdanator View Post
    In all honesty, it is never a bad investment to buy a talisman on a plane in t3 or t4 that you know you'll be flying a lot. You'll earn more research / lions on those and work through the tech tree faster.
    Talismans don't provide any SL bonus - just extra RP.
    Premium vehicles + account are the way to go.

I've got the impression one can earn most point/SL per time in Air AB with a fighter lineup. Hence flying a couple of premium fighters in a single lineup is probably the most efficient way to grind them.
    Personally I've got a japanese 5.0 SL grinder lineup with 3 premiums (Fw 190, J2M4 Kai and the premium T4 zero). I think it's also possible to setup a very good SL grinder lineup around BR 3.3-4.0 with the US. The 109 F is a stomper, so is the XP 55. Though I haven't flown them I've also heard the XP50 and the 3.7 US zero is very good. The US have got some of the best non-premium around that BR too (the P47 and the P51 Mustang).

I'd refrain from grinding with many planes below T3 as their SL modifiers tend to be rather low. Also flying with very high BR planes (e.g. a lineup based on the german tempest + Fw 190 D13, both good planes for their 6.0BR) is probably not the best idea either, as players at higher BRs tend to play more conservatively and hence prevent you from racking up kills in a short time.

Save the whales. Collect the whole set AOD Member AOD_MHare's Avatar
    Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

This is kind of a tricky question to answer. I find the BEST BR to grind is between 3.7-4.3 myself. THEN it depends on WHAT kind of pilot you are and WHAT you like to do and are GOOD at. I myself, use my 3.7 B-25 to bomb the crap out of pretty much ANYTHING moving. I have that ACED up and my gunners are LITERALLY at maximum and it's dangerous for any plane to get behind me. I pair that with both my p47's which are aced up as well, my Hellcat which is Aced up, my little P51 Mustang that has a big bite and possibly a P63 with the cannon coming out the prop. With all that I can literally make LARGE amount of lions which I spend on unlocking new planes and/tanks.
    If you want to grind, just touch base with me. I'll fly your wing.
    Pfc_Firehose

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Lunik7505's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

the one i love to play for grinding money is the Fw 190 D9, because it is one of the best german planes performing at high alt, you can easely do an ace match with this beast, however it is a double edge sword since the repair cost is ridiculously high, so it all depends on you. :)

I took an IQ test and the results were negative djandDK's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

i like to grind lions with my russian tier 1 setup which consists of: Lagg-3-23, Lagg-3-11, Zhukovsky's I-153-M62, Lagg-3-8 and PBY-5a catalina.