Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Can I have your Tots SlayerTheBeatz's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Age
    19
    Posts
    11

    Default Some help please?

    Ey so meh friend needs some advice on building a good starter computer, he doesn't really know what he should buy at all.

  2. #2
    Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! AOD Member AOD_Boba's Avatar
    Rank
    Specialist
    Division
    Battlefront II
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Age
    29
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_SlayerTheBeatz View Post
    Ey so meh friend needs some advice on building a good starter computer, he doesn't really know what he should buy at all.
    What's his budget? Can't really get started without that.

  3. #3
    Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! AshawTalos's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Houston, TX area
    Age
    47
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Yep, need a rough idea of budget and what does he intend to do/play on the machine. Speed costs...how fast do you want, or can you afford, to go?

  4. #4
    I took an IQ test and the results were negative djandDK's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Denmark, høje taastrup.
    Posts
    26

    Default

    http://www.logicalincrements.com/ try this website they update frequently and got everything you need to know and pc build for every budget. (if you hover your mouse over the pc name E.G. Destitute you will see some stars and some are filled some are not. if 3 stars are filled it can play the game at 1080p 60 fps while if it has 5 stars it can play the game at 4k with 60 fps.)

  5. #5
    Okay, who put a stop payment on my reality check? AOD Member AOD_KaosC57's Avatar
    Rank
    Private
    Division
    Destiny 2
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    19
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_djandDK View Post
    http://www.logicalincrements.com/ try this website they update frequently and got everything you need to know and pc build for every budget. (if you hover your mouse over the pc name E.G. Destitute you will see some stars and some are filled some are not. if 3 stars are filled it can play the game at 1080p 60 fps while if it has 5 stars it can play the game at 4k with 60 fps.)
    Some of their stuff is kinda meh/bad parts. Like, the second Modest budget pairs a Pentium G3258 with an H97 chipset, which means you cannot overclock the G3258, which is not the brightest idea. That same build also uses a 750Ti, when for roughly the same price, you can get a 950 (the price recently dropped from 150 to 140 actually.) And, alot of the Outstanding builds are just dumb... Pairing a Non-K series 6600 with a Z170 motherboard? That's a waste of perfectly good money! They also over-spend on cases.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-6600k Clocked at 4.5 Ghz GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual X OC
    RAM: 32 GB DDR4 Mobo: MSI Z170A SLI Plus
    Storage: 120 GB SSD, 1.7 TB total HDD space Headphones: Sennheiser HD558
    Microphone: CAD Audio u37

  6. #6
    If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn? AOD Member AOD_BritishBob's Avatar
    Rank
    Corporal
    Division
    Warframe
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_KaosC57 View Post
    Some of their stuff is kinda meh/bad parts. Like, the second Modest budget pairs a Pentium G3258 with an H97 chipset, which means you cannot overclock the G3258, which is not the brightest idea. That same build also uses a 750Ti, when for roughly the same price, you can get a 950 (the price recently dropped from 150 to 140 actually.) And, alot of the Outstanding builds are just dumb... Pairing a Non-K series 6600 with a Z170 motherboard? That's a waste of perfectly good money! They also over-spend on cases.
    As a guide it's not bad... Also the cases they suggest are cases that will last build, after build, after build. You wouldn't ever have to buy another.

  7. #7
    Okay, who put a stop payment on my reality check? AOD Member AOD_KaosC57's Avatar
    Rank
    Private
    Division
    Destiny 2
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    19
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_BritishBob View Post
    As a guide it's not bad... Also the cases they suggest are cases that will last build, after build, after build. You wouldn't ever have to buy another.
    You could use a Source 210 for quite a few builds, as long as you can get a motherboard that fits.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-6600k Clocked at 4.5 Ghz GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual X OC
    RAM: 32 GB DDR4 Mobo: MSI Z170A SLI Plus
    Storage: 120 GB SSD, 1.7 TB total HDD space Headphones: Sennheiser HD558
    Microphone: CAD Audio u37


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin By: ForumThemes.com
Top