Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Comment out tag?

Greetings,

I am looking to see if we have a tag that would let you say, the forum would ignore this like a comment out in C etc.

[/below this line is from roster.txt]
    roster roster roster

[/below this line is from game description.txt]
    game description blah blah

This would be so that a giant post could be broken into easier to manage byte size pieces :P. So then you can edit one section at a time and not have to scroll for days through the code to get to the section you want to edit.
    Last edited by Darkn3ss F4lls; 04-27-2016 at 03:03 AM.

A Mighty Pirate!
    Rank
    Master Sergeant
    Division
    Skull and Bones
    Status
    Active

If you're talking about something like this: http://www.phpbb3bbcodes.com/viewtopic.php?t=213 then I'm sure it's possible. However, as most other things that are requested, the need for it has to be strong enough to warrant its continued support. Arch manages a lot of extra functionality on the forums that has to be updated whenever the forums get updated, and this would be something else that needs to be maintained.

I'm sure it would be neat to have, but I'm not sure it would be used by anyone other than a few select individuals.

*Moved to suggestion box*
    Last edited by AOD_Guybrush; 04-27-2016 at 08:57 AM.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Guybrush View Post
    If you're talking about something like this: http://www.phpbb3bbcodes.com/viewtopic.php?t=213 then I'm sure it's possible. However, as most other things that are requested, the need for it has to be strong enough to warrant its continued support. Arch manages a lot of extra functionality on the forums that has to be updated whenever the forums get updated, and this would be something else that needs to be maintained.

I'm sure it would be neat to have, but I'm not sure it would be used by anyone other than a few select individuals.

*Moved to suggestion box*
    Thank you for moving it Guybrush, but it wasn't a suggestion more of a question if we had it. As it was moved to the suggestion box, that answer is no. As you say if it doesn't exist it would really only be used by Officers as regular members can't edit posts after 5 minutes.

A Mighty Pirate!
    Rank
    Master Sergeant
    Division
    Skull and Bones
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Darkn3ss F4lls View Post
    Thank you for moving it Guybrush, but it wasn't a suggestion more of a question if we had it. As it was moved to the suggestion box, that answer is no. As you say if it doesn't exist it would really only be used by Officers as regular members can't edit posts after 5 minutes.
    Ah I see what you mean. Unfortunately you are correct, at the moment there is no such thing in place.

*moved back*