Hey guys, I just found out that my AMD Raedon HD 6950 is now under "legacy" and is not getting any more drivers updated (last one was July of 2015... really bad), which really sucks for when new games come out. This is somewhat sad because my GPU has been with me for 5 years and has been working great, and also to mention that buying a new one will burn a hole in my pocket. I find it also a good thing because I can play amazing looking modern games back at higher settings and be up-to-date for the next 4-5 years once again.

Anyway... I'm running AMD and was wondering if it's bad on the computer to switch brands? (my CPU is an i5-2500k, if that has anything to do with this... probably not, so I'll just leave that here lol) And if my Asus P8P67 Pro motherboard will accept the newer series of GPU's.

I have a budget of roughly $300-400 and was wondering what brand or card is the strongest in that price range. I know AMD is a bit cheaper compared to Nvidia, but I also might want to try Nvidia out, since there are a lot of top games that recommend Nvidia GPU's for their games... Anyway, again $300-400, but if there is anything below that price range, or just slightly above that would kick serious ass, let me know!

I also heard that the new line of GPU's coming out this year will be pretty damn good, as they usually always are when newly released... so is it worth to wait for those or nah? I am playing The Division, and I get flickering lights indoors (due to drivers out of date and not being supported by the game), and it is kind of annoying, but I don't want it to ruin my experience and maybe its just best to get a new one now, but if some pretty beast GPU's are coming out and I should wait, I can make the sacrifice and wait and deal with the flickering lights and shitty frames every now and then.

Thanks and hope to hear some opinions on what you guys recommend :D