Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! shahid_ispro's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Middle East
    Age
    22
    Posts
    77

    Icon5 About to order for a new build


  2. #2
    If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! shahid_ispro's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Middle East
    Age
    22
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_shahid_ispro View Post
    Wrong link
    http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/MBcbsY

  3. #3
    #Superhuman AOD Member AOD_Tymplar's Avatar
    Rank
    Specialist
    Division
    Destiny 2
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Will defer to my AMD-friendly cohorts on this one ;)
    i7-6850K Broadwell-E 6-Core 3.60 GHz | Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming LGA2011-v3 | 128 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 | nVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB Founders Edition | NZXT H440 ATX Mid-Tower (Matte Black & Red) | Corsair HX1000i Modular PSU
    Samsung 960 Pro 512 GB NVMe SSD | (x3) Samsung EVO 960 1 TB SSD
    Asus ROG Swift 34" PG348Q Ultrawide | (x2) Asus MG279Q 27"

  4. #4
    Criminal Lawyer is a redundancy TekNicTerror's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    SC, USA
    Posts
    234

    Default

    I was told intel (i5 or i7) would be better than AMD CPU's.
    And if you're going to get a Radeon, why not a 390 or 390X?

  5. #5
    Okay, who put a stop payment on my reality check? AOD Member AOD_KaosC57's Avatar
    Rank
    Private
    Division
    Destiny 2
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    19
    Posts
    479

    Default

    If you have to stay within that 500 - 600 Euro budget, then http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/RYjWYJ would be more powerful. The i3 Skylake line is much more powerful than the AMD FX line. More Cores does not equal more power. Also, taking out the Liquid Cooler that the i3 does not need (as it is non-OC'able), along with the useless case fans (Most cases come with 2-4 pre-installed), along with a cheaper, similar colored case (still Black and Blue) will allow you to jump up to an R9 380X and stay close within your budget.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-6600k Clocked at 4.5 Ghz GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual X OC
    RAM: 32 GB DDR4 Mobo: MSI Z170A SLI Plus
    Storage: 120 GB SSD, 1.7 TB total HDD space Headphones: Sennheiser HD558
    Microphone: CAD Audio u37

  6. #6
    Keep honking. I'm reloading AOD Member AOD_Ken1010101's Avatar
    Rank
    Private First Class
    Division
    PlanetSide 2
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Age
    53
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Looks like a descent build list.

    If you can save/wait/find a sale I'd go for more RAM with the highest PC rating you can find; your mobo supports up to PC3200.

    My other recommendation to everyone is plug it into a UPS with voltage boost and trim (trim being the most important feature since it pulls down voltage spikes which can do damage). I know that this can be an expensive addition, but it protects your investment and you can continue using it over multiple builds, extending the life of your systems.

  7. #7
    If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! shahid_ispro's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Middle East
    Age
    22
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_KaosC57 View Post
    If you have to stay within that 500 - 600 Euro budget, then http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/RYjWYJ would be more powerful. The i3 Skylake line is much more powerful than the AMD FX line. More Cores does not equal more power. Also, taking out the Liquid Cooler that the i3 does not need (as it is non-OC'able), along with the useless case fans (Most cases come with 2-4 pre-installed), along with a cheaper, similar colored case (still Black and Blue) will allow you to jump up to an R9 380X and stay close within your budget.
    Ok, so after alot more researching and calculation i come up with this
    http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Thorindorf/saved/cwyv6h
    Now i have a upgrade path for this build
    Next upgrade i5 4760K with a cooler for it, The motherboard is compatible with that cpu so that will only be the thing next to buy,
    G3258 , i'll overclock it to the highest i can with stock cooler and within 3-5 months get the i5 4760K,
    The R9 390 4 gig will hopefully max out all games at 1080p, i cant go higher bcz my monitor doesnt support it then,
    One fan comes as an intake which is 200mm , just got one more static pressure 120mm as an outtake for the case.
    Any other suggestion or something i did wrong

  8. #8
    Okay, who put a stop payment on my reality check? AOD Member AOD_KaosC57's Avatar
    Rank
    Private
    Division
    Destiny 2
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    19
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_shahid_ispro View Post
    Ok, so after alot more researching and calculation i come up with this
    http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Thorindorf/saved/cwyv6h
    Now i have a upgrade path for this build
    Next upgrade i5 4760K with a cooler for it, The motherboard is compatible with that cpu so that will only be the thing next to buy,
    G3258 , i'll overclock it to the highest i can with stock cooler and within 3-5 months get the i5 4760K,
    The R9 390 4 gig will hopefully max out all games at 1080p, i cant go higher bcz my monitor doesnt support it then,
    One fan comes as an intake which is 200mm , just got one more static pressure 120mm as an outtake for the case.
    Any other suggestion or something i did wrong
    Don't do that man. The i3-6100 is much more powerful. You could run a Pentium G4500 if you absolutely need to save money. Intel is also going to be releasing Kabylake sooner or later, and the Z170 series will support it with a BIOS update. And the R9 380X is more powerful than the 380, and a similar price. Or, you could wait for the Pascal and Polaris lines to release and save more money.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-6600k Clocked at 4.5 Ghz GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual X OC
    RAM: 32 GB DDR4 Mobo: MSI Z170A SLI Plus
    Storage: 120 GB SSD, 1.7 TB total HDD space Headphones: Sennheiser HD558
    Microphone: CAD Audio u37

  9. #9
    If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! shahid_ispro's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Middle East
    Age
    22
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_KaosC57 View Post
    Don't do that man. The i3-6100 is much more powerful. You could run a Pentium G4500 if you absolutely need to save money. Intel is also going to be releasing Kabylake sooner or later, and the Z170 series will support it with a BIOS update. And the R9 380X is more powerful than the 380, and a similar price. Or, you could wait for the Pascal and Polaris lines to release and save more money.
    http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/qvVZBm
    Something like this, the R9 390X blows up my budget for some reason its around 200 pounds least

  10. #10
    Okay, who put a stop payment on my reality check? AOD Member AOD_KaosC57's Avatar
    Rank
    Private
    Division
    Destiny 2
    Status
    Active
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    19
    Posts
    479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_shahid_ispro View Post
    http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/qvVZBm
    Something like this, the R9 390X blows up my budget for some reason its around 200 pounds least
    I was talking about the 380X, not the 390X. Also, for an i3 you don't need a Cooler. Just use http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/YBCq6h You will get more power with the 380X than the 960 for a similar price.
    CPU: Intel Core i5-6600k Clocked at 4.5 Ghz GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual X OC
    RAM: 32 GB DDR4 Mobo: MSI Z170A SLI Plus
    Storage: 120 GB SSD, 1.7 TB total HDD space Headphones: Sennheiser HD558
    Microphone: CAD Audio u37


 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
vBulletin Skin By: ForumThemes.com
Top