Thread: Stellaris

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Pcgames Stellaris

Has anyone else been obsessing over this game since it came out?

I'm a huge fan of Strategy/RTS games, but this is the first game that I have been like "holy crap I have no clue what I'm doing but I love it!"

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I love Eu4, and have been playing that recently. I want to get this game because of that, but am probably going to wait until it goes on a good sale.

HRK is selling it for $29 with a random game included, but I'm still too cheap for it. :P

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_beavery1 View Post
    I love Eu4, and have been playing that recently. I want to get this game because of that, but am probably going to wait until it goes on a good sale.

HRK is selling it for $29 with a random game included, but I'm still too cheap for it. :P
    Haha oh C'mon man! Don't be that cheap! Its $39.99 on steam and G2A has it for $34.10. Its worth it

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck DarthMelchom's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Yes and I am completely loving this game so much. I am having a lot of fun in my first play though and I have ideas for other ones as well ( Since no two playthoughs are the same )

But yeah I am having a blast with this game.. Its really enjoyable and will only get better with time and Mods and DLCS !

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Guys are making me want to buy it :( But I must resist, lol.

Maybe I will buy it soon, I'm not sure :P

I took an IQ test and the results were negative Glorious Gibs's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I might add this to the ol' backlog. I've been wanting a good space 4x for a while now. There's tons of fantasy stuff, but not nearly enough scifi, IMO.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

It starts out strong but it slacks off the further along the game gets. Trade and diplomacy is pretty much broken from what I can tell. BUT the good news is there are already a butt load of mods out

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Game comes in with a built-in Purge Xenos button.

10/10. Would inquisition again.

If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! TEC/BMonty's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Is great game. 10/10, would exterminatus from orbit again.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Irtar View Post
    Game comes in with a built-in Purge Xenos button.

10/10. Would inquisition again.
    Haha i presume you downloaded the Warhammer 40K mod and love it? i was thinking about downloading it

I get enough exercise just pushing my luck DarthMelchom's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Legion View Post
    It starts out strong but it slacks off the further along the game gets. Trade and diplomacy is pretty much broken from what I can tell. BUT the good news is there are already a butt load of mods out
    yeah and also Remember... Paradox games get better with age..Just like Wine.. And.. And.. No Just wine really.

Plus Mods make the game a lot of fun as well.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Legion View Post
    Haha i presume you downloaded the Warhammer 40K mod and love it? i was thinking about downloading it
    No, the 40k mod is shit. Just switches out the portraits and names.

Would be much better if they added it on top of the other options. Allowing you to say choose to import the Tau and some Ork boyz to go amongst the other random AI.

But I think they'll need to get subspecies more mapped out before it works as well as I'd like.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I really loved this game until ~3/4 of my first playthrough (granted that was almost 40hr in). I was unlucky with my rolls of other empires (everyone was merchants or spiritual) and basically wanted peace. Everyone hated me for being militaristic. I made a ton of people my vassal and realized it's going to take me like another 30 hours just to clean up and finish off the rest of them.
    I started a new game and went a different route and joined an alliance. The AI is not very smart so I had to spearhead the wars they started because their fleets were just getting picked off 1 by 1. The potential saving grace of this playthrough is that it's shaping up to be 3 massive alliance/federations that will eventually fight.
    Overall the game is REALLY deep. Everything you mouse over has tooltips so you know what you are doing. There are mods to give more enhanced tooltips too. The mods do help a ton with bugs. If you're a fan of games like Galactic Civ, or Sins of a Solar Empire, you'll enjoy this game. The difference between this and Sins is you don't have control over the battles and use your different Titan abilities during.
    But yeah it needs some work. There are lots of ways to screw yourself over and it seems like the CPU is immune to things.. Like one empire has like 19 planets.. There is NO way to get your planet cap to 19. MAx is ~10 for a player and everything over is 10% reduced income. There's no way that empire is operating on 90% loss. Plus they have a ton of outposts (which cost influence to build AND maintain) and that is REALLY hard to get especially the bigger your empire is. They wouldn't be able to recruit Governors, Scientists, Admirals, or Generals with no influence.
    As said before though, this game is set up for longevity and I'm sure will be great once they fix some bugs and balance a few things out.