If I'm not back in 5....wait longer! thebiggerboat3's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default Jedi Knight Jedi Academy Crashing

I recently installed PROTOTYPE 2 from my friend's shared library. As it is infamous for, it has a tremendously difficult FPS rate for computers with AMD graphics cards, and often needs file modification for a fix. I noticed that the fix worked, but now my JKJA will not launch without immediately crashing. This problem seems only in JK, and no others. I have tried troubleshooting compatibility, running as administrator, and running it from different shortcuts, exe's and launchers. I might need to uninstall the game to fix it, but I would like to know if there are any other potential fixes. If not, what file contains the custom class data for MBII so I might pull that out and then delete and re-install. Thanks.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Nevermind. I managed to retrace my steps and remember the original values I had on default when I was messing with the system files for more optimized prototype game play, and found that all I had to do was switch that back and it fixed everything.

The Token Staff Sergeant Master Butters's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by thebiggerboat3 View Post
    Nevermind. I managed to retrace my steps and remember the original values I had on default when I was messing with the system files for more optimized prototype game play, and found that all I had to do was switch that back and it fixed everything.
    Good job, bud!

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Welp. Looks like I screwed it up again. After attempting to install JadenKorr's skin pack, my Movie Battles 2 no longer functions properly. If I try launching from the MBII launcher, I get this as an error: Z_Free(): Corrupt zone header! Strange enough, it seems to be launching from the SP instead of the MP.

I also tried launching from the MP, to which I get this error: VM_Create on UI failed. I get this error only after trying to join/create a game in the MBII main menu.

I have searched high and low for guides and other methods of fixing each error. I have made sure to run everything on administrator, re-installed Jedi Academy, and re-installed the MB launcher. I have run completely out of ideas.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Problem resolved.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by thebiggerboat3 View Post
    Problem resolved.
    Never mind. After changing some stuff up abit, deleting the files of the entire base game, re-installing everything but this time dragging the entire launcher and it's files into the actual game's gamedata file, it worked for one run. I closed the program, and it then stopped working and went back to the usual behavior.