Of course I talk to myself. Sometimes I need expert advice. Lt_FellaWhite's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default World War II History and War Thunder

Hello All,

For those of you who do not know this about me, which would most likely be everyone right now, I love learning about the history of aircraft in World War II and the times that are covered in War Thunder in particular. I also enjoy a good laugh at some of the odd designs, ideas, and stories that have come out of this time period. On the main forums for War Thunder there is an area on historical discussion and I was wondering if there was something along these lines here, and if not if we could have a thread that could be used to talk about some of the aircraft and tanks in game and maybe get a bit more information about them.

For starters I at least want to share this documentary I found on Russian aircraft in WWII which got me thinking about the accuracy of the aircraft in game, but I really don't feel like complaining about Russian bias right now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnwu...=620.490562925

See you in the skies, on the ground, or whatever.

-Lt. Fella White

Don't piss me off! I'm running out of places to hide the bodies DonnyMack's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Make sure you talk to Validuz next time you see him. He's like a talking encyclopedia when it comes to aircraft/tanks in WWII.

Keep honking. I'm reloading TheRealDon's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I may not be the most knowledgeable person when it comes to more specific details on events in WW2 but have a good many books I have and can source when looking up something.
    I even keep an armored vehicle guide next to the desk for those times we talk about a tank and we need a quick answer.

But i would be willing to talk to someone and do a discussion about history anytime.

Save the whales. Collect the whole set AOD Member AOD_MHare's Avatar
    Rank
    Lance Corporal
    Division
    War Thunder
    Status
    Active

I simply just LOVE this idea. We REALLY should, if we haven't already, implement this idea. Why not make War Thunder both fun AND educational. Sure kids and teenagers learn about history in school and they learn about WWII in a classroom from some boring teacher. But 10 to 1 they end up forgetting a lot of it as soon as they read and take the test. But i feel it's important that people KNOW what caused WWII and what advancements in Airplanes and tanks people and to come up with in order to win the War. This is a wonderful idea.
    Just my opinion mind you.