Knee High to a Worms Ass crazyfrog552's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Icon1 Ban Appeal- Crazyfrog552

I was playing on a 64p conq. large server and an admin nicely said in chat: "You've spammed 5 pages of chat, if you don't stop i'm going to ban you" the the colorful second message: "shut the fuck up". I had been talking in the chat to other players for a lot of the round about the game and things about the map, which apparently made the admin angry and other AOD members who did not agree with my conversation about BF4 because I was using a game feature. http://prntscr.com/b4gh0v <- here is the ban message I got after the admin told me to "shut the fuck up" again. I am asking for either a ban appeal or a reason why I was banned because it seems very nonprofessional of a server admin to use me using the chat to talk to other players as a reason to ban me.
    Thanks,
    IGN: Crazyfrog552
    Last edited by AOD_Deity; 05-15-2016 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Tried to display the image for kicks..

Did you just grab my ass?
    Rank
    Master Sergeant
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Wanted to make sure your quote was 100% accurate.

You spammed the chat incessantly, you were told to stop, you persisted, and you got the nicest possible way I could warn you that not "shutting the fuck up" was going to lead to you looking at your desktop. You are on a timeout for a few hours. Go eat that Snickers I told you to eat.

And when you come back, pretty please, with sugar on top, don't spam the chat.

Last edited by AOD_Deity; 05-15-2016 at 04:41 PM.

Knee High to a Worms Ass crazyfrog552's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Icon7

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Deity View Post
    Wanted to make sure your quote was 100% accurate.

You spammed the chat incessantly, you were told to stop, you persisted, and you got the nicest possible way I could warn you that not "shutting the fuck up" was going to lead to you looking at your desktop. You are on a timeout for a few hours. Go eat that Snickers I told you to eat.

And when you come back, pretty please, with sugar on top, don't spam the chat.

I'm just confused how that was considered chat spamming, as I said you can hide the chat if you don't want to be bothered with it. I was simply using the chat to talk to other played when it seems you got mad with it. But that's cool use your admin powers because you don't like people talking in chat. Thanks

Did you just grab my ass?
    Rank
    Master Sergeant
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Roughly 30 lines of chat within about 3-4 minutes of gameplay that had no value (most wasn't even gameplay related). And, you were asked to stop. 3 times. Chat spam.

Hiding chat isn't an option for players that use it for squad play, or admins that keep an eye out for people making the former problematic because they A) spew inflammatory crap of any flavor or B) Chat spam.

You are welcome for us using our admin powers to try to keep the chat free from stupid while everyone else plays the game.

Take your lumps and walk on.