All the years to come I want you to remember the one man who beat you. Cropels's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Default My PC is rebooting without reason

Hi, I've had this problem since yesterday (05/17/2016).
    My PC is rebooting without reason, and this happens when I'm playing or just browsing.
    Before my PC reboot, the fans start to hear louder, and then the monitor just stays in black.

I read about this problem, and some people say this problem is from the PSU, and some issue with the XBOX 360 Controller. Or maybe... the temperatures.

I checked the temperatures and... it's ok, When I play I get like 40°C on the CPU and 50°C on the GPU.
    Here when I'm on Idle ---> http://prnt.sc/b5ehh6 (I can't get a screenshot of the temperatures while playing because the PC is reboot.)

I disconnected the Xbox controller from the PC, and also the speakers from the regulator so the only thing connected is my PC and the monitor but I still have the problem.

If you have any Idea what it is please tell me.

My PSU ---> http://www.evga.com/Products/Product...110-B1-0750-VR

P.D: If I'll need another PSU, please tell me and suggest me some marks please.

Pez. Derping where no man has derped before... ukpezzzz's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

My initial guess would be the CPU overheating and the PC reboots to avoid any damage. This is what one of my old PCs did when the CPU fan was damaged. Try opening up the tower and making sure all the fans are properly held in place, mainly the one on the CPU. What I noticed is it heats up fairly fast. Once things get rolling its like, oh. I hit critical mass and pop goes the restart.
    If it is this then fixing it should just be a simple fan replacement. Its something you should be able to do yourself, so you wont have to pay somebody.
    If its really dusty then dust it. That might help. Plus dust is never good.

Thats my take on it.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Belzrock2016's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Hmm if you think it might be your cpu that is causing it, i would suggest you run a stress test on your cpu (using the programm PRIME95) and or GPU (furrmark) to see if that causes the reboot... i would suggest that you use a nice programm called CoreTemp, it shows you the temperature, and you can enable a option where when it hits a certain treshold (determined by you) it plays a sound, so you know, something is not wrong... while playing for example...

If its your core temp, then as my previous writer said, it might be necessary to check your Fans if they work propperls... Something that happen over time is that your Cooling paste, that connects your fansystem to the cpu chip is old and it stoped the - i call it... heat transition process... dont know what the right word in english is... sorry :D not my mother tounge... The CoolingPaste is a layer of substance that can transfer the heat from the cpu to a fansystem, if the paste is too old, it looses its functionality and has to be renewed...

If you need any more suggestions of anything, just PM me :)

cheers... and good luck
    belz

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo! AshawTalos's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

No one asked the obvious question: Have you changed anything recently? Installed any software or anything? If so, I would undo the changes and see if that made a difference. If not, like two previous posters said, I would look at anything related to temperature. When was the last time I opened the case and blew all the dust out? A dusty computer tends to be a hot computer. Next check fans and CPU heatsink paste. If the paste is dried out it is not conducting heat as well. Does not take much effort to remove the CPU cooler, clean off the old paste, apply new paste, and put it back together.

Jarek_Avanti

Is the PC rebooting or powering off? Did you check to make sure your hard drive is healthy? Did you run the Windows System File Check (I assume you're running Windows) to see if there's any corruption? Did you scan for viruses? Did you check Event Viewer to see what Errors and Critical Errors occur before the reboot? Does the issue happen if you boot into Safe Mode?

JA

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes Darkcipher's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Check your event manager for Crash logs to see if that helps?

Don't piss me off! I'm running out of places to hide the bodies AOD_OddJob001's Avatar
    Rank
    Sergeant
    Division
    Battlefield
    Status
    Active

Run Prime95. While you are running it, have RealTemp running.

If it is a heat or CPU issue, running Prime95 will tell you pretty quickly (by either crashing cores for tests or rebooting your computer). Since this seems to happen to you under heavy load, I think this is your best route.

Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZSoq2wT.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	396.8 KB 
ID:	23859

I like your avatar.

Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes Darkcipher's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Quote Originally Posted by AOD_OddJob001 View Post
    Run Prime95. While you are running it, have RealTemp running.

If it is a heat or CPU issue, running Prime95 will tell you pretty quickly (by either crashing cores for tests or rebooting your computer). Since this seems to happen to you under heavy load, I think this is your best route.
    xD Be extremely wary of using Prime95 on certain specs.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1510328/a...#post_22830060

It can KILL Your CPU since it draws over 400W power, especially with 5960X.

Save the whales. Collect the whole set KaosC57's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

I can think of a few things that could be the culprit.

1. You changed something and the PC doesn't like it: Likelyhood? Maybe, depending on if you change settings often.

2. Your PSU is dying: Likelyhood? 50/50. The SuperNova NEX line is not as good as the G2 line, so you might have a dying PSU. Get a SuperNova G2 650. You probably don't need 750w unless you are doing a setup like ShadowEye or Tymplar. And, at that point you need somewhere around 1000w to 1200w not 750w.

3. CPU/Case fans are dying/shorting and not running properly, causing heat to build up and the PC to realize "I'm about to go into Thermonuclear Meltdown! Time to shut down!": Likelyhood? 50/50. We need more specifics of your build to determine if that could be a culprit. Please put your build into PCPartpicker inorder to give us a better idea of your setup. Put EVERY part you can.

4. Any number of electrical shorts could also be a culprit.

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue Outerfuel's Avatar
    Rank
    Forum Member
    Division
    None
    Status
    Active

Windows keeps tabs on what is going on during a shutdown. First check to see if you have any recent files in this location:
    C:\Windows\Minidump\

If so I can help you discover what the culprit is when it crashes by reading those dump files. If not then try checking the reliability Monitor.
    Click start and search "Reliability Monitor". This will give you a timeline of events where errors have happened.